No announcement yet.

Battery replacement/upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my RO/DI water is as good as distilled. The tds meter reads 0.00 tds at the output. The string filter, RO membrane, carbon block and DIi column are only 200 gallons old of the 5000 gallon replace time. Should be good yes?
    900W, 40A MPPT, 230AH FLA,24V Samlex 1500W

Comment

Originally posted by Gdwats View Post
      I think my RO/DI water is as good as distilled. The tds meter reads 0.00 tds at the output. The string filter, RO membrane, carbon block and DIi column are only 200 gallons old of the 5000 gallon replace time. Should be good yes?
      Yes. Sounds good to me.

Comment

I buy RO/Di water, but I check each batch, in case the water store cheaps out and forgets to change filters
        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

I have designated my batteries A,B,C, and D, with cells designated 1,2, and 3. Made the first cell check and all cells were equal at where the well stops and the tubular part begins, except for cell C1 which needed about 5 cc's or mls to bring it up with the others. Started charging today. I'm not sure what kind of data I should be collecting on the beasties? Should I download some kind of battery care/ maintenance/ log program, or just use a spreadsheet?
          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gdwats View Post
            I have designated my batteries A,B,C, and D, with cells designated 1,2, and 3. Made the first cell check and all cells were equal at where the well stops and the tubular part begins, except for cell C1 which needed about 5 cc's or mls to bring it up with the others. Started charging today. I'm not sure what kind of data I should be collecting on the beasties? Should I download some kind of battery care/ maintenance/ log program, or just use a spreadsheet?
            thanks
            Just use a simple spreadsheet to keep track of the measurements like; date, specific gravity (before and after charging), charging time, voltage (before and after charging), loading of battery system (if possible) and probably a few other items that someone like Mike can give you.

Comment

ha. you really don't want my log chart, unless you want to be really detailed about logging generator run hours (& oil changes) how much water was pumped and daily watthours used, in addition to water usage, lowest voltage of the day, minutes in Absorb, Float ........
              Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
              || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
              || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
              gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Yikes, no thanks! I've been logging V values, times and notes. Today started at 24.5. I mowed my lawn on solar...yes! I've got a $100 10A plug in mower. Took about 25min and battery went from 29 to 26.5. Then took about 5 min to start boosting again. Now at 29.4 on boost.
                Last edited by Gdwats; 09-15-2017, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X