4 Strings in parallel 1 string with different voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Strings in parallel 1 string with different voltage

I'm trying to post but every time after saving it most of the text is gone?

Anybody any idea whats happening?

001.JPG
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bendesa1962; 04-03-2017, 06:41 AM.

Hi Everybody,

I have the following question and would appreciate all advise and tips. Thanks in advance

I have a charge controller with the following specs:

It's the Growatt 5000 SPF Off Grid Inverter/charger

PV Array MPP voltage range 60
    Last edited by Bendesa1962; 04-03-2017, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately with your CC having a maximum DC input voltage of 145V and your panels having a Voc = 30.4v you would be limited to 4 of them wired in series. So with 14 panels that is going to allow you to use 12 of them (3 sets of 4).

The only way to use more panels would be to find a different CC that allows a higher DC input voltage or more total wattage.

Comment

Thx SunEagle. That was what I expected. I just wanted it to be confirmed. It's always good if someone confirms the same idea Thx!

Comment

I would say only 3 panels in series, because I have no idea how cold it gets (makes Voc go higher and fries electronics early morning at dawn)
          The low voltage requires you to use expensive, heavy copper cables instead of 15 panels in a string with #10 cable. But your electronics can't handle the standard high voltage.
          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post
            I would say only 3 panels in series, because I have no idea how cold it gets (makes Voc go higher and fries electronics early morning at dawn)
            The low voltage requires you to use expensive, heavy copper cables instead of 15 panels in a string with #10 cable. But your electronics can't handle the standard high voltage.
            Good point. Low temperatures will make a panel Voc go higher and have the potential of exceeding the CC DC voltage input.

Comment

Working...
            X