Sunny Portal, Speedwire WebConnect board, and Sunny Boy 6000-US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunny Portal, Speedwire WebConnect board, and Sunny Boy 6000-US

I just purchased the Sunny Boy 6000-US for replacing a failed inverter in a 10 year old system. I am looking at buying the Speedwire WebConnect communication board so I can monitor the performance of the system via Sunny Portal. I had hoped there was a wifi solution out there, but it looks like the Speedwire is the only viable way to connect.

Are there any surprises I will face if I purchase the Speedwire? I know the router needs to be configured to handle DHCP, but are there any other configuration settings needed on the router (port forwarding, or similar) - or, does the Speedwire and the Sunny Portal deal with establishing the connection?

Do I have to be concerned with the Sunny Boy firmware version 1.12 with this card? Documentation indicates it should work - checking to see if this matches people's experiences.

It looks like there are no costs to using Sunny Portal - is this accurate?

Finally looking for a good source for the board - AltEStore has it priced at $175.88 - are they a reputable reseller?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Michaelco; 02-23-2017, 01:15 PM.

Best pricing seems to be at Renvu. I know someone from AltEStore used to post on here frequently (Amy?) and I think they're quite legit.

(Full disclosure - I have been implicated to be a Secret Agent for Renvu - this is simply not true. Meet me in the parking garage at 3rd and Main at midnight and I'll explain everything... come alone - sorry, inside joke but had to say it as yet again, it looks like I'm promoting them...)

Comment

Originally posted by Spektre View Post
      (Full disclosure - I have been implicated to be a Secret Agent for Renvu - this is simply not true. Meet me in the parking garage at 3rd and Main at midnight and I'll explain everything... come alone - sorry, inside joke but had to say it as yet again, it looks like I'm promoting them...)
      Appreciate your pointing me to Renvu - I won't turn you in... :~}

Now, just need to make sure there aren't any surprises in store if I use the comm board. I've been down the road before, where I needed to configure the router in a way it broke communications for other devices. It looks fairly straight forward, but that doesn't guarantee there aren't gotchas.

Thanks again

Comment

What made you decide to go with the 6000 series over the newer 6.0 with built-in comms and other upgrades over the older x000 units?

Comment

What made you decide to go with the 6000 series over the newer 6.0 with built-in comms and other upgrades over the older x000 units?
          The wiring on the solar panels won't meet code requirements when used with the xformerless inverters, so rather than addressing that issue, I chose to stay with an inverter that had the isolation (xformer).

Comment

Best pricing seems to be at Renvu. I know someone from AltEStore used to post on here frequently (Amy?) and I think they're quite legit.
            Too legit, too legit to quit.....

Hi, things got busy for me, so I had to back away from the forum for a bit. I'm still around (and now singing some MC Hammer).
            Solar Queen
            altE Store

Comment

Originally posted by Amy@altE View Post

Too legit, too legit to quit.....

Hi, things got busy for me, so I had to back away from the forum for a bit. I'm still around (and now singing some MC Hammer).
              Welcome back Amy. We missed you.

Comment

Working...
              X