Sunny Boy issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunny Boy issue

I have 3 Sunny Boy inverters that have been running without issue for 5 years. Suddenly 1 of the is not lighting it's green light.

When I look at the lcd panel it shows no connection to the grid. The only thing that had happened recently was a small snowstorm of maybe 1/2"

I called Sunny Boy but although they were nice they said because I am not a certified electrician they could not help me troubleshoot.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Attached Files

Take their advice. Call a qualified electrician. You may do some damage or harm yourself/someone else. Mostly anonymous advice from the net from folks not on site but otherwise knowledgeable may not be correct. Your choice.

Comment

Hi Diggar, so when you noticed this was it during the day? and if so were the other inverters on and did you notice what watt's (hehe) they were making? One of the things I like about SMA inverters is that when they have an issue you will get a red/orange light either blinking or on constantly, then you look at the display and it will show an error code, get that code and call your installer. Sometimes, depending on the code we will take one from out of stock go swap it out and SMA will send us a replacement the next day, SMA are good to deal with when it comes to warranty work heaps better than all the other's we have dealt with, but you really need to go back to the installer first. Cheers good luck with it
      Last edited by solar pete; 02-18-2017, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X