No announcement yet.

MPPT charge controller options 4xAGM in Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am no expert, but the experts seem to not favor products of this origin . It looks somewhat convincing and confidence-building, in my opinion. But if you're going to go cheap, check out Victron energy blue solar website. 5 year warranty, you can call and talk to people in English. They have a Blog support part of their page. Bluetooth monitoring and adjusting of the system, with a daily and monthly log that you can email to yourself , like I've not seen any other item possess. But in hindsight, the midnight products look good too.
    Last edited by Brian53713; 01-12-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Little Ray, where are you located? I ask because the pricing you are coming up with seems high by USA standards.
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
        Little Ray, where are you located? I ask because the pricing you are coming up with seems high by USA standards.
        Australia!

We have an outdoor panel climate of between 0 and 45C in generating hours. The 0C minimum being an important factor for design as opposed to some places in USA.
        For Batteries and MPPT Charge Controller the Temperature range is between 10 and 40C.

Interesting feed back here!

Cheers

Comment

OK now I see why the difference in pricing.
          2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Here's a description of the classic SL. They are in the sub $500.00 range and free shipping on fleabay

The Classic SL-150 MPPT Charge Controller is a simplified SOLAR ONLY version of the Classic 150 with streamlined menus. The Classic SL-150 has a graphics panel and ground fault but no arc fault or Ethernet capabilities. The Classic SL-150 has a maximum output current of 96 amps, an operating voltage of 150 volts and works with 12 to 72 volt battery systems. As with the whole Classic Line, the Classic 150-SL has MidNite
            What ? Bummer, With no ethernet, that complicates the utility of the controller, having only a streamlined menu.

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
            || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
            || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
            gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Here's a description of the classic SL. They are in the sub $500.00 range and free shipping on fleabay

The Classic SL-150 MPPT Charge Controller is a simplified SOLAR ONLY version of the Classic 150 with streamlined menus. The Classic SL-150 has a graphics panel and ground fault but no arc fault or Ethernet capabilities. The Classic SL-150 has a maximum output current of 96 amps, an operating voltage of 150 volts and works with 12 to 72 volt battery systems. As with the whole Classic Line, the Classic 150-SL has MidNite
              Our price breaks and shipping are very different then America.
              Just in general, a similar $50 item that is freight free out of China can be up to $50 in freight from US.

Our Mail system is very cheap both ways for China and even parts of Europe, given the right product.
              Where the freight from US has seemed to cheap, it has often turned out that the seller has made an error and you can be fighting to get your product,
              often having to just settled with a refund. The problem is you can waste a lot of time.
              I had FedX account but very rarely see advantage in purchase from America, you will see many business on eBay have come to similar conclusion.

Not having a go at the US, I just think we should have a better freight and trade system between US and Australia.

eBay in AUD:
              MidNite Classic 150 SL $662.80
              Freight $71.65 (This is very cheap compared to the norm?)
              Total $734.45

Comment

Working...
              X