X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nlittle
    • Dec 2016

Newbie question on Inverter LCD totals

Hi,
    I have the SolarEdge 6000 inverter and we just turned it on Friday night. We have had horrible weather too so not much production yet.
    The totals on the inverter are as follows (I don't have my monitoring set up yet to compare to that):

Day [Wh] 563.8
    Month [KWh] 2.5
    Year [KWh] 2.5
    Total [KWh] 2.7

I am trying to understand why the total would not match the Month/ Year since I have only had it a few days and have not crossed a "year" time stamp to start fresh.

Thanks for any insight!
  • ButchDeal
    Solar Fanatic
    • Apr 2014

when it was first turned on, it likely did not have internet access and likely was set to a different year.
    Once it was connected to the internet for monitoring, it would get the correct date (or someone manually set it).
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• Nlittle
      • Dec 2016

That makes complete sense, thank you. I guess those extra .2 were from testing.
      Have a nice day.

Comment

• Brian53713
        Solar Fanatic
        • Oct 2016

I have a monitoring system for my set up as well, and the total yield will different from the system yield. Until the end of the day and the daily yield gets put into the total or system whichever.

Comment

• dennis461
          • Nov 2015

I check those parameters after dark on my system when my SE5000 is in NIGHT MODE.
          I've got a USB connection from the inverter to my kitchen table.
          It's been a gloomy week in New Jersey.
          The display will round off (or maybe truncate) data.
          In you post, it looks like your DAY reading was not at the end of the day.

For my data below, units are kWh

date day month year
          12/16/2016 10 166.3 5997
          12/17/2016 1.3 167.6 5998
          12/18/2016 2.5 170.1 6000
          12/19/2016 16.2 186.3 6017
          Dennis
          SE5000 18 each SW185

Comment

• ButchDeal
            Solar Fanatic
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by dennis461
            I check those parameters after dark on my system when my SE5000 is in NIGHT MODE.
            I've got a USB connection from the inverter to my kitchen table.
            Why not connect the SE5000 to the internet and have full monitoring?

Comment

• dennis461
              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by ButchDeal

Why not connect the SE5000 to the internet and have full monitoring?
              What puzzles me about your suggestion ( which is the only available Solar Edge Monitoring method) is why should I have to send information from my house to a server in another state or country, so I can retrieve it from the internet.
              So far, my only complaint regarding Solaredge products.

The only monitoring which counts, in my opinion, is on the Atlantic City Electric Utility NET meter and my NJ Board of Public Utilities SREC meter.
              The front LCD panel (and local network connection) is more of a novelty, and may be useful if a single panel fails, since it cycles through individual panels for status and output.

I tried running the older Solaredge configure Tool software which apparently was more useful, but it will not run properly on the newer inverter interfaces.

To the OP, did you get a good sunny day yet to see what your Winter Solstice numbers are?

Camden County, NJ, USA
              19 SW268 panels
              SE5000 inverter
              grid tied
              Dennis
              SE5000 18 each SW185

Comment

• Nlittle
                • Dec 2016

To the OP, did you get a good sunny day yet to see what your Winter Solstice numbers are?
                I only have the inverter led and srec /poco meters right now. I just checked in night mode and day was 0. I guess it reset.
                Since Saturday morning I have 25.7 kWh and the weather wasnt great until today. Not sure if that is good or bad.
                It was been pretty sunny today and at one point we were feeding into the grid, I checked the PoCo meter.
                I have not received my monitoring URL yet and don't have the LAN hooked up so all I have are cold walks around the corner of the house to see what's up. Lol
                Yes, the inverter is outside and I plan to build a little roof over it to protect it from sun and weather in the spring.

Comment

• dennis461
                  • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Nlittle

Yes, the inverter is outside and I plan to build a little roof over it to protect it from sun and weather in the spring.
                  Remember, the aluminum fins on the back need air flow upward to cool the electronics, so make sure the enclosure can breath.
                  A cover is not a bad idea, though.

On my rig, day kW is not zero when in night mode, maybe the software/firmware changed recently.
                  Dennis
                  SE5000 18 each SW185

Comment

• ButchDeal
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Apr 2014

What puzzles me about your suggestion ( which is the only available Solar Edge Monitoring method) is why should I have to send information from my house to a server in another state or country, so I can retrieve it from the internet.
                    So far, my only complaint regarding Solaredge products.
                    That is a question not a complaint. It is included in the system at no additional cost and adds considerably to the ability to monitor.

The only monitoring which counts, in my opinion, is on the Atlantic City Electric Utility NET meter and my NJ Board of Public Utilities SREC meter.
                    The front LCD panel (and local network connection) is more of a novelty, and may be useful if a single panel fails, since it cycles through individual panels for status and output.

I tried running the older Solaredge configure Tool software which apparently was more useful, but it will not run properly on the newer inverter interfaces.
                    you can look at more detail on the individual module, tie it to weather etc.

Comment

• Nlittle
                      • Dec 2016

Remember, the aluminum fins on the back need air flow upward to cool the electronics, so make sure the enclosure can breath.
                      A cover is not a bad idea, though.
                      Yes, I will make sure it is not too close... the meters are right there too so it will be more of a little shed with no door probably... who knows. Some pallets and a hammer and something will come out of it.

Comment

• Nlittle
                        • Dec 2016

Dennis, I got 11.4 on this sunny day. 6.42kw system. Shortest day of the year. Not too bad I guess?

Comment

• brewbeer
                          • May 2016

Originally posted by ButchDeal
                          That is a question not a complaint.
                          No, it's clearly a complaint.

I have a Solar Edge system and I also have the same compliant: No ability whatsoever to track performance independently of the SE system, other than scrolling through the different screens of the tiny inverter display.

The question is: "Why doesn't Solar Edge allow its product owners to access the mountains of inverter data independent of the Solar Edge monitoring gateway?"

Comment

• J.P.M.
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by brewbeer

No, it's clearly a complaint.
                            Looks like a rhetorical question based on something that's viewed as a PITA.

Comment

Working...