Electricity Use Monitor

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georgepds
    • Aug 2012

I'm old school.. I use Hialeah re-manufactured electric meters.. I've got one on the heat pump, and another on the electric vehicle charging station.

I use their ez read meter whenever I install something that could use a lot of energy. i'll put another in when I add another hat pump fro the second floor. No bells and whistles, but as reliable as can be.

Comment

• bcroe
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by georgepds
      I'm old school.. I use Hialeah re-manufactured electric meters.. I've got one on the heat pump, and another on the electric vehicle charging station.
      I use their ez read meter whenever I install something that could use a lot of energy. i'll put another in when I add another hat pump fro the second floor. No bells and whistles, but as reliable as can be.
      The same is happening here. The longer range plan is to feed thru a meter to a secondary panel, which will
      support all the heavy loads here and the grid tie inverters. Since I killed the reversing gear with a drop of glue,
      it will turn one way in summer and the other in winter, keeping a pretty good idea of my energy reserve. Most
      of the circuits in the house will remain on the main box, but they use so little energy (esp since my years of
      reducing them) that an estimate will put the total picture pretty close. Bruce Roe

Comment

• pclausen
        Solar Fanatic
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Truenorth
        Thanks for all of the feed back! Has anyone tried the Sense monitor system?
        Yep I got one of those. It is great for tracking overall Usage and Solar Production, both in real-time and historically. Here are some screen-shots:

Comment

• acamato
          • Aug 2015

If you have a SolarEdge inverter , you can add a WattNode Modbus with Current transducers and your usage will show up on your app.

Check eBay there is someone selling a Wattnode WNC-3Y-208-MB with CT's for $30 shipped. That's dirt cheap.

Attached Files
          Last edited by acamato; 02-26-2017, 09:28 PM. Reason: added image

Comment

• CharlieEscCA
            Solar Fanatic
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by acamato
            If you have a SolarEdge inverter , you can add a WattNode Modbus with Current transducers and your usage will show up on your app.

Check eBay there is someone selling a Wattnode WNC-3Y-208-MB with CT's for $30 shipped. That's dirt cheap.
            Decided to take advantage of this. The listing also offers a Best Offer. Offer of $27.50 accepted. With a current eBucks promo good thru today (have to receive targeted email) and credit card cash back, my cost is $25.01 shipped.

My SE7600 based system installation is scheduled for the week of April 10th -- so I'll have the installer add this to the mix.
            8.6 kWp roof (SE 7600 and 28 panels)

Comment

• Truenorth
              • Oct 2016

Pclausen, thanks for the screen shots! I didn't realize there were new replies to this question. I did purchase a Sense monitor for my usage and solar production and really like it. Looks like you have a similar sized system as you have some nice generation numbers!

Comment

Working...