Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumption monitoring

Hello Everyone,

I have a question about consumption monitoring and how it works. If I have a solar system with enphase microinverters and an Envoy-s metered gateway is the consumption monitoring measuring my home usage from PG&E? From what I gather the system will only produce power back onto PG&E's grid so that it will offset my power usage from PG&E.
    Is the consumption monitoring the same readings I get from PG&E?

Thanks in advance for this noob question.

Originally posted by genner View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have a question about consumption monitoring and how it works. If I have a solar system with enphase microinverters and an Envoy-s metered gateway is the consumption monitoring measuring my home usage from PG&E? From what I gather the system will only produce power back onto PG&E's grid so that it will offset my power usage from PG&E.
    Is the consumption monitoring the same readings I get from PG&E?

Thanks in advance for this noob question.

NO, PG&E has no way to know your consumption with net metering.
    The envoy-S is a non-revenu grade monitor and will give you production.

For consumption you would need an envoy-S-AM1 with optional consumption meter and CTs.

you can come close by subtracting your PG&E net gen from your envoy production (this would be your self consume) and adding that to your PG&E net use to get your total consumption.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Yeah this is one of the first things new solar users aren't used to: from here on, your utility will never know how much total electricity you actually used, nor how much you generated. Only how much you Imported from them and exported to them.

Comment

Working...
      X