24 Volt or 48 Volt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kellyvb View Post
    OK, So whats the point in going solar at all, IT IS SO GD EXPENSIVE how could any home owner even justify the cost of it. I sure cant.
    Most don't go with a battery system, drastically reducing the costs.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Is there cheaper legal inverter I can get, Sunny Boy is way to much as well as the Emphase ones. I got over 400 bucks into these that you all say I cant use.

Comment

Save your money for a real GT set up, or not. The reality is that it cost a certain amount of money to do this in a safe. legal manner. There is no way to do this safe and legal for a couple hundred bucks. If you are serious about going solar be patient. In a year or two you might find prices have come down even more. Take the time to educate yourself and design for your needs.
        2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by kellyvb View Post
          OK, So whats the point in going solar at all, IT IS SO GD EXPENSIVE how could any home owner even justify the cost of it. I sure cant.
          Because there really aren't many places that can justify using today's current battery technology unless your electric rates are sky high.

But a solar grid tie system can pay for itself again depending on where you live, how much electricity you use and how much you pay for it.

An off grid system is pretty much a life style change that will never save you money but will allow you to live the way you chose to live.

Comment

Working...
          X