Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caravanboy
    • Aug 2016

UK inverter repairs?

Hi, I have a 5 year old grid-tied PV system in the UK and my Solar King SLK-4000 inverter has just failed with a Relay Failure message. I gather from Google that these are very common inverters in Australia and that specific fault is also very common and some people regularly epair them over there. Obviously not cost effective for me to ship mine thousands of miles over there. Does anyone know of a similar service that anyone is offering in the UK?

My original equipment supplier has gone bust and the 5 year warranty ended a few weeks ago anyway. I've contacted Powercom in Taiwan (the manufacturer of the inverter) and they said their nearest repair centre to me is in Italy. Unfortunately neither me (nor they!!!) seem to be able to get any replies from emails to the Italians so I won't be holding my breath.

Taiwan did send me the spec of the relays though. If all else fails I may have a go at fixing it myself but my spare time is short these days... I'm competent with AC electrics and have done some hobby electronics work in the past. It depends on the relay costs and if I want to risk wasting money on that as the Australians said that sometimes a capacitor failure is erroneously reported as a relay failure.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.
Working...