Measuring Solar Array Energy Output - questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring Solar Array Energy Output - questions

My system's been online for two months now and I'm trying to get an accurate grip on energy output so I can reconcile it with my bill from the power company. I am presently not monitoring my energy usage but here is my situation and questions:

I have SMA inverters and three ways of looking at energy production; via direct LAN connection to the inverters, via Sunny Portal, and via PVoutput.

question: All three of these avenues give me daily or monthly energy output but only from the first day of the month through the last day of the month and no way that I know of to export the data to a spreadsheet. My bill is from the 22nd day of one month to the 21st day of the next month. So what I'm looking for is a way to extact/download daily data, preferably into a spreadsheet so I can see energy output for the 30 or 31 days on my bill.

Has anyone else done this? Any suggestions? Thanks!

You probably need a seperate metering system including CT's. I understand that TED makes something that is not that expensive and should work for the home. There are other manfactureres that have multiple CT's that will also measure large load branch circuits like the HVAC system, Pool Pump, Dryer, Stove, etc. I use a device called Blue Line which sends pulses through Wi Fi out to a website every few minutes. I can down load a spreadsheet which is very close to the bill I get from my POCO.

Comment

All true for consumption, and I may pony up for that but for now I just want to know about PV generation in something I can put in a spreadsheet. Seems like I shouldn't need any additional hardware for that. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDE2 View Post
        My system's been online for two months now and I'm trying to get an accurate grip on energy output so I can reconcile it with my bill from the power company. I am presently not monitoring my energy usage but here is my situation and questions:

I have SMA inverters and three ways of looking at energy production; via direct LAN connection to the inverters, via Sunny Portal, and via PVoutput.

question: All three of these avenues give me daily or monthly energy output but only from the first day of the month through the last day of the month and no way that I know of to export the data to a spreadsheet. My bill is from the 22nd day of one month to the 21st day of the next month. So what I'm looking for is a way to extact/download daily data, preferably into a spreadsheet so I can see energy output for the 30 or 31 days on my bill.

Has anyone else done this? Any suggestions? Thanks!

So you have the data on PVOutput?
        have you tried to download it?
        There is a button right under the graph labeled "Download"
        click on "Daily" then "MORE" then "Download"

OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• ButchDeal
          ButchDeal commented
          Editing a comment
          Some do provide that capability

• SunEagle
          SunEagle commented
          Editing a comment
          @ Butch

Are you saying that some SMA provide that feature or some string inverters provide it?

• ButchDeal
          ButchDeal commented
          Editing a comment
          Some inverters do, not really SMA
      Working...
      X