Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Test of solar panel to controller today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test of solar panel to controller today...

Sun is out, and have quick question before I hook my 300w panel to my tracer 30a solar controller... I just opened the junction box on the panel, and I see no diode (at least what I can tell). Will the inverter prevent any current back flowing into the panel if it gets real cloudy or dark? Novice here... don't want to cause damage to anything! Thanks Ken

I went ahead and set it up...everything is running fine. Battery bank is almost fully charged. Panel input is showing around 39v and .5 amp in, battery is showing 14.4 and around 1.2 amps (guess this is charge voltage and amps). No load is on system except two small computer fans that I am using for ventilation for the batteries. Excited that I now have a basic emergency power and camping solar generator. Thank you to everyone who has given advice over the last 2 weeks... Ken

Comment

Ken if you have a charge controller there is no requirement for diodes. The Controller does all that stuff. I really doubt there is any need for fans and just making you feel better and pissing away good energy for no added benefit.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
      X