Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Enphase M215 output plug question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quick Enphase M215 output plug question

    Hello!

    I'm trying to troubleshoot a possible connection issue in the output plug of my Enphase M215 and it doesn't indicate which of the 4 pins inside the plug/connector corresponds to L1, L2, common and green/ground. If I'm looking down at the top of this plug/connector (with the side stamped "Enphase" and the arrow at the right-hand side of the connector facing UP), which is which?

    Thanks for your help/time,

    Coyotefred

  • #2
    You realize that the instant you disconnect the inverter from the trunk cable checking connections is impossible. the inverter will be disconnected and dead.
    What is the problem according to enlighten
    NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

    [URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

    [URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

    [URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes, I do realize that. But I would still appreciate the answer to my question... thank you

      Originally posted by Naptown View Post
      You realize that the instant you disconnect the inverter from the trunk cable checking connections is impossible.

      Comment


      • #4
        See if you can find the answer here http://enphase.com/wp-uploads/enphas...ion_Manual.pdf
        To identify the terminals you could disconnect one trunk at the junction and run continuity on each wire to determine which pole is which
        NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

        [URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

        [URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

        [URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

        Comment


        • #5
          Have you called customer support? These have a 25 year warranty so if you are having a problem, it might be best to call in.

          If you have access to the j-box and the last microinverter, couldn't you just do a continuity check to figure out what pin goes to what wire simple enough?

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes, I've reviewed this manual before and I don't believe it has the answer. The closest thing I can find is the wiring diagram on page 29, but that diagram doesn't show which pin from the output plus corresponds to L1, L2, common, ground.

            Surely someone has an extra piece of trunk cable laying around that could be used to quickly find this out (I don't; I'm still waiting for some to arrive).

            Thank you-

            Originally posted by Naptown View Post
            See if you can find the answer here http://enphase.com/wp-uploads/enphas...ion_Manual.pdf
            To identify the terminals you could disconnect one trunk at the junction and run continuity on each wire to determine which pole is which

            Comment


            • #7
              I won't be in the shop till Monday, but I could test then I guess. But maybe you should discuss further your issue and consider calling Enphase support as well. You don't want to do anything to void warranty.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks so much. I did just get an answer from Enphase customer service, which I'm sharing here for future reference of other folks...

                As far as your pinout question goes. Starting from the labeled pin (will have an arrow) its Line, Ground (which is currently Unused), line & then neutral at the far end.

                Originally posted by andrewc View Post
                I won't be in the shop till Monday, but I could test then I guess. But maybe you should discuss further your issue and consider calling Enphase support as well. You don't want to do anything to void warranty.

                Comment

                Working...
                X