Got informed by AHJ that stickers dont cut it anymore need placards.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duxa
    • Jan 2020

Got informed by AHJ that stickers dont cut it anymore need placards.

Hi all, just got notified by the inspector that stickers are no longer good enough for the outside (regardless of material) and the signage outside needs to be on at least 1/8th inch thickness placards. Any clue where/how to get these without breaking the bank? Also are there different materials these are made of? PVC? Any caveats to watch out for? Also, how the heck do you mount them? Any kind of sticky stuff will fall off over time no? And drilling holes in breaker panel/emergency disconnect seems like a bad move?

Last edited by Duxa; 02-06-2020, 07:48 PM.
  • Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Duxa
    ........Also, how the heck do you mount them? Any kind of sticky stuff will fall off over time no? And drilling holes in breaker panel/emergency disconnect seems like a bad idea.
    I have used silicon adhesive. It even works on stucco.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• Duxa
      • Jan 2020

Originally posted by Ampster
      I have used silicon adhesive. It even works on stucco.
      Where did you get the placards? Is there a place that specializes in PV ones so they would know what I need made?

Comment

• Ampster
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Duxa

Where did you get the placards? Is there a place that specializes in PV ones so they would know what I need made?
        I got the printed ones at Renvu. I recently saw a post on this forum about a source but didnt bookmark it. I will search and post if I find it.
        I would guess the wording would be the same. My understunderstand some AHJs require them on exterior surfaces where the printed ones could fade or peel off.

Here is the post I mentioned:
        Originally posted by John_Dumke
        I got the complete package of labels from Renvu.com. But the city of long beach required Placard plastic engraved styled labels for a couple of the labels. I got the engraved placards from Specialtysolarsupply.com . I forget exact pricing. I just created a diagram in Adobe Indesign and emailed the company a PDF for the site label.
        Last edited by Ampster; 02-06-2020, 11:09 PM. Reason: Link to label supplier
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• bob-n
          Solar Fanatic
          • Aug 2019

pv warning labels, solar warning signs, nec 690 labels
          7kW Roof PV, APsystems QS1 micros, Nissan Leaf EV

Comment

Working...