• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by beowulf
    JPM,
    I advised the vendor that wanted the $1k non refundable deposit before a site visit/inspection that it was a non-starter, and that other vendors would visit and assess everything before providing a proposal and they did not require a deposit. So, I scheduled a site visit/inspection with another vendor this morning. They just left. I learned a whole lot in that visit (without spending $1k on a non-refundable deposit): 1) available ground mount locations are options but not that feasible due to trenching and distance and disturbing a patio, 2) two other buildings which appeared viable from a satellite shot are really not great due to shading, 3) it seems I will not need an electric panel upgrade (have 200 amp service with breaker space available), and 4) the location I preferred all along is the best location and totally doable (the garage/gym building - facing South and never shaded). They are writing it up with Panasonic panels and SolarEdge inverter and optimizers and it seems at this stage the cost will come in at the right point when compared to other non-site-visit bids. One uncertainty is the run to the main panel from the garage/gym building - their engineer will determine if the 2" existing conduit from the main panel to the 100 amp panel in the garage will accommodate the wiring they need to run there. If not, there will need to be some trenching (which I can do) and some additional cost re the wire - all okay and understandable.

So, things moving along and I learn more every day. Thanks again - your input has been very, very helpful.
    For any info I may have added that you found helpful, you're most welcome. I'd only suggest questioning everything you read or hear (including /or especially from me) until you understand it, and to trust but verify everything done from here on out for the project until POCO permit to operate is received.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...