X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar panels

What is a good dependable solar panel and kit

Hello Lpierce54 and welcome to Solar Panel Talk

Most solar panels are pretty much the same in quality and price. You just have to shop around for the best price.

IMO there is no "kit" that is a good fit for anyone. It is better to determine your "watt hour" requirements and design a system around what you need and where you live. The farther North Latitude that you live at will require more panel wattage for year round power.

Comment

If money was no object, I would get the Panasonic HIT panels. The most interesting thing about them is their thermal efficiency. The problem is they are $$$$

In the real world I am probably, just going to buy more of the cheaper panels.

Comment

I have the Panasonic panels, they were about $1/W when I purchased them last year (quantity 37 through my installer). They're fine, but not remarkable. How many panels is the OP looking to purchase? For a self install?

If you're doing a small DIY, really any panel is fine. The Alt-E store is a reputable dealer. They have a variety of panels from Canadian Solar, Hanwha, SolarWorld in the ~$0.60 / W range. Of course LG, Trina, Jinko are all fine.

Lots of other reputable vendors and distributors too, like Renvue, for example. Some vendors won't sell small quantities. Of course the more you buy, they cheaper.

Comment

Working...
        X