Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bucdenny
    • Jan 2018

ProSolar or Quick Mount

I am finalizing my panel plans this week and didn't find any new reviews on SolarPanelTalk regarding ProSolar TileTrac or Quick Mount products. Checking out the Quick Mount website and Youtube most comes with flashing. My installer looking to use the ProSolar TileTrac with Iron Ridge Racking. What are the pro's and con's comparing both ProSolar and Quick Mount? I am re-roofing with new flat tiles. Is Quick Mount superior? Any comments on Iron Ridge Racking?

Thank you.
    Last edited by bucdenny; 02-28-2018, 12:56 AM.
  • solarix
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2015

I have used both systems and agree with your installer on the ProSolar tiletrac sytstem.
    BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

• ImInPhxAZ
      • Sep 2017

I'd personally ask for hardware that is designed to go together. Either prosolar with their own rail, or quickmount+IronRidge.

Prosolars website says they do not approve using another manufacturers rail with their tiletrac mount. Which means the combination of prosolar tiletrac plus IronRidge has no engineering certification. Your local county may not care, you're in a pretty mild climate, but some do ask for engineering letters and specs. Imagine your installers done it before though in the area and know no one cares.

​​​​​​
      ​​​

Comment

• bucdenny
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by ImInPhxAZ
        I'd personally ask for hardware that is designed to go together. Either prosolar with their own rail, or quickmount+IronRidge.

Prosolars website says they do not approve using another manufacturers rail with their tiletrac mount. Which means the combination of prosolar tiletrac plus IronRidge has no engineering certification. Your local county may not care, you're in a pretty mild climate, but some do ask for engineering letters and specs. Imagine your installers done it before though in the area and know no one cares.

​​​​​​
        ​​​
        The installer came back saying they will used the Pro Solar rack instead with the ProSolar TileTrac. The initial quote with assumption I am using my original S Tiles. I only told them we are installing new flat tiles, therefore ProSolar TileTrac with ProSolar rails.

Is it true Quickmount will seal better?

Comment

• bucdenny
          • Jan 2018

If I went with the ProSolar TileTrac with ProSolar Rails, will the deeper rails give more height? Does 1 inch make any difference in height? I recall reading on here the higher the better because of the heat create.

Comment

• bucdenny
            • Jan 2018

What is the current cost of Quick Mount system comparing to TileTrac? I am still debating if it make sense to go with Quick Mount system.

Comment

• bucdenny
              • Jan 2018

My installer electing to go with Quick Hook with Ironridge rails. How much more should I expect to pay from the Tile Trac?

Comment

Working...