New Solar Edge monitoring account type question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Solar Edge monitoring account type question

I've got a 2.5 year old system, Solar Edge 7600 inverter, installed by a local contractor via Sungevity. The monitoring set up by Sungevity is aggregate-only monitoring through the ASUS meter, there is no direct monitoring from the SE inverter. To the best of my knowledge, my system is not registered with Solar Edge from the local contractor.

I hooked up a Cat6 cable to my inverter so that I can set up a SE monitoring account. I filled out the application for a new account, and I received a follow up from SE about what type of user I am: System Owner, Single System Installer, or Professional Installer.

I want to ensure I have the most access & monitoring. Should I select Single System Installer? I'm guessing the System Owner account would limit my access, but I am not sure. I'm guessing that when I included the S.N. of my inverter that it's not set up with SE, hence why they are asking.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Burningislove View Post
    I've got a 2.5 year old system, Solar Edge 7600 inverter, installed by a local contractor via Sungevity. The monitoring set up by Sungevity is aggregate-only monitoring through the ASUS meter, there is no direct monitoring from the SE inverter. To the best of my knowledge, my system is not registered with Solar Edge from the local contractor.

I hooked up a Cat6 cable to my inverter so that I can set up a SE monitoring account. I filled out the application for a new account, and I received a follow up from SE about what type of user I am: System Owner, Single System Installer, or Professional Installer.

I want to ensure I have the most access & monitoring. Should I select Single System Installer? I'm guessing the System Owner account would limit my access, but I am not sure. I'm guessing that when I included the S.N. of my inverter that it's not set up with SE, hence why they are asking.

Thanks!
    single system installer should get you full admin rights.
    This is for your account. Once you have it set up you will need to then configure the system with the serial number again.
    The inverter should have defaulted to sending the data on ethernet but you can double check that from the menu on the inverter itself using the manual.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

single system installer should get you full admin rights.
      This is for your account. Once you have it set up you will need to then configure the system with the serial number again.
      The inverter should have defaulted to sending the data on ethernet but you can double check that from the menu on the inverter itself using the manual.
      Thanks! When you say "Configure the system again", are you referring to the SE monitoring system or something on the inverter? After hooking up the network interface and turning the inverter back on, I verified the S_OK message, IP address & other network settings, so according to the installer manual it's reporting correctly.

I sent back "single system installer" to the SE portal, awaiting the next step in my account set up.

Comment

Thanks! When you say "Configure the system again", are you referring to the SE monitoring system or something on the inverter? After hooking up the network interface and turning the inverter back on, I verified the S_OK message, IP address & other network settings, so according to the installer manual it's reporting correctly.

I sent back "single system installer" to the SE portal, awaiting the next step in my account set up.
        you will have to configure it in the portal. you don't have the optimizer layout so you can't do much about that other than try to guess at the layout based on shadows through the day.

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

you will have to configure it in the portal. you don't have the optimizer layout so you can't do much about that other than try to guess at the layout based on shadows through the day.
          Do the optimizers have labels written on them, so that I can determine the correct mapping for the portal? I wont go up onto the roof while there is snow up there, but once spring rolls around and I have to go up there anyhow to clean out my chimney, I could create a map if it's written down.

Comment

Do the optimizers have labels written on them, so that I can determine the correct mapping for the portal? I wont go up onto the roof while there is snow up there, but once spring rolls around and I have to go up there anyhow to clean out my chimney, I could create a map if it's written down.
            Yes there is a serial number on each one though installers may have placed them such that that serial number is on the top where you would not be able to see it without removing the PV module.
            just getting a few of them would help and you could locate the rest with shadow mapping.

you should also check the documentation that the installers sent to you, they may have included an optimizer map.

Comment

Thanks!
              I am also trying to get SolarEdge monitoring.I am a sungrvity system owner .solaredge is refusing to give me admin rights they are asking me to find certified solar system installer for admin rights.?

Comment

Originally posted by Atul View Post
                ....solaredge is refusing to give me admin rights they are asking me to find certified solar system installer for admin rights.?
                I hereby certify you for solaredge admin rights. Now tell them to fix you up. Your user manual can be found encoded in a regular dictionary

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Not sure why they are disputing your admin rights. I signed up, got an email asking if I was a distributor or single system installer. I replied as the latter, and they verified my account and I have full admin access.

Now I'm just trying to reconcile why the SolarEdge generation data doesn't match the ASUS meter. The SE tool consistently shows more production than the ASUS meter. There cannot be THAT much loss between the two, as the ASUS is less than 3 feet away immediately downstream with nothing else in line between them. It's not a trivial discrepancy either.

Comment

Working...
                  X