Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • a00r
    • Nov 2017

Hello from Dominica

Hi from the nature island of the Caribbean . So I have a quick question, I have this setup I'm planning will this be sufficient to run the setup?
    a) AMSU Pure Sine Wave Inverter - 500 Watt / 1000 Watt (peak) with a 12V 33AH Lithium Ion Battery all build into one package, bought it of amazon, it said solar generator
    b) 100 watt Solar Panel
    c) 100 AH 12 Volt AGM battery to power a television (126watt max) and a ps4 (165watt max), for about 2-5hrs. I already have the "Solar Generator" and I can get about 3 hours running the television alone.

Thanks.

Last edited by a00r; 11-24-2017, 03:01 PM. Reason: to clear of the message
  • NEOH
    Solar Fanatic
    • Nov 2010

You wrote a very confusing message.
    a) AMSU Pure Sine Wave Inverter - 500 Watt / 1000 Watt (peak) with a 12V 33AH Lithium Ion Battery
    b) 100 watt Solar Panel
    c) 100 AH 12 Volt AGM battery

For every hour of strong sunlight on the 100 Watt Solar Panel, you can use 80 watts for one hour for your devices.
    So, if you have 5 hours of continuous strong sunlight then you can use 400 watt-hours ( = 80 Watts x 5 hours ) for your devices.
    You consumption is 300 Watts = 126 Watts TV + 165 Watt PS4
    Therefore, you have about 1.3 hours of TV + PS4 operation per day, NOT 2 - 5 Hours.
    Maybe longer, if your devices actually use less than those stated Wattage ratings

Your single 100 watt Solar Panel is way too small.
    You need like 4 x 100 Watt Solar Panels.
    Now with 400 Watts of Solar Panels = for every hour of strong sun, you get one hour of TV + PS4 operation.
    Morning sun and evening sun is not "strong sun", that is why I use 5 Hours of strong sun

At night ...
    133 AH ( total ) of Battery Bank x 12 Volts x 50% = 798 Watt-Hours
    You only have about 2.5 Hours ( = 798 Watt-Hours / 300 Watts ) of Battery operation after the sun goes down.

With at least 4 x 100 Solar Panels and 5 Hours of strong sun you get either ...
    a) 5 Hours of TV + PS4 during the daytime only OR
    b) 2.5 Hours of daytime operation and 2.5 hours (max) of night time operation

You really need triple or 300 AH of battery power,
    if you want to charge up during the day and then use both devices ( TV + PS4 ) for 5 hours after sunset.

Comment

• a00r
      • Nov 2017

Sorry about that, I edited the post to make it more clear, thanks for making it more clear and showing me the different conversions and estimates.

Comment

• kathleenstraus
        Banned
        • Nov 2017

Hello, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...