Relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocation

Hi everyone. I recently acquired a complete PV system from an industrial setting. It consists of 42 Samsung panels, Unirac mounting hardware, 3 Outback GVFX inverters, 3 Outback charge controllers and 6 Rolls 6CS27P batteries. The system is setup for 480 volts 3 phase output. I have disassembled the system packaged it up and moved it to it's new home in NE Massachusetts. I recently finished construction of a barn and want to install the panels on the roof. I started talking to Solar installers in the area to complete the installation of the racking and panels. Unfortunately, everyone I've spoken to so far is not interested in a labor only job. I've tried a few roofers, but also haven't gotten ant takers there either. I'm looking for ideas, suggestions, connections, contacts.... I'm fine with the remainder of the install tasks, just the roof is a bit more than I can handle myself. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Arthur

Are you planning to stay 480 3 phase? That would scare away many potential installers.

Oh and welcome to the forum.
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
      Are you planning to stay 480 3 phase? That would scare away many potential installers.

Oh and welcome to the forum.
      I am. I don't have 3 phase power at the new location. To be clear, I just need the unirac and panels installed down to the combiners/breakers. I'll install the rest of it, so nothing scarier than being on the roof involved. I've already pulled the permit and done the legwork with the local power co.

Comment

Don't know what you paid, but are you aware that used equipment is not eligible for fed. tax credit ?

Comment

I paid a pittance for it. I spent more money taking it apart and moving it. Not worried about the tax credit.

Comment

Originally posted by theowwm View Post
            I paid a pittance for it. I spent more money taking it apart and moving it. Not worried about the tax credit.
            Understood.

Comment

Working...
            X