Where to place breakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to place breakers

I have a 72 cell 330W panel, TriStar MPPT 60, with 2x12volt batteries setup for 24volt. Does this sound about right?

60A between my panel and my CC, 30A between my batteries and CC, and then coming off my batteries with my load circuit and putting a 5A and 10A breaker for the various equipment. The TriStar MPPT 60 model does not have 'load' terminals, so it only makes sense that I bring two separate +/- cables off the batteries and into the various breakers for the load side equipment.

Originally posted by iuc View Post
    I have a 72 cell 330W panel, TriStar MPPT 60, with 2x12volt batteries setup for 24volt. Does this sound about right?

not really but if you could provide type of panels, their number and how you connected them as well as type of batteries and their Ah it would help. What is the purpose of the system?

Comment

Originally posted by max2k View Post

not really but if you could provide type of panels, their number and how you connected them as well as type of batteries and their Ah it would help. What is the purpose of the system?
      1ea - Canadian Solar CS6U-330P-4BB > 330 Watt Solar Panel
      1ea - MorningStar TriStar MPPT60
      2ea - Trojan SCS200
      1ea - Vented Battery box (left over from an school zone flasher we took down)
      3ea - 5A MidNite Solar branch circuit breakers (one each for PTZ, Cell Modem, and ethernet switch)
      1ea - 20A MidNite Solar breaker between battery bank and CC
      1ea - 30A MidNite Solar breaker between panel and CC
      1ea - AXIS P5635-E Mk II PTZ Network Camera
      1ea - Sierra Wireless RV50 Cellular Gateway
      1ea - Brainboxes 5 Port Switch

https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...o-thread/page2

Comment

Working...
      X