Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should I look for installers in the Los Angeles area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should I look for installers in the Los Angeles area?

I saw a 10,000 KWV system that sells on eBay for about 12K. I am showing only the link for the panels, but I asked the seller what the entire system would go for and it would be roughly $12K. I get it, it's from China, but let's not fool each other if we think most of the panels that sell here in the US are not made in China as well. Before I purchase the panels/system, I'd like to know who would install such systems; I'm very early in this process, so I'm just learning the basics for now, I need to do a lot of homework in the meantime...

Thanks everyone!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131847746673...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That is a 10kW not a 10MW system and it really isn't a system either. It is just modules, no racking, inverters, nothing other than modules.
    They are selling the 250w modules at $0.635/w which seems a bit high especially considering no shipping.
    You don't know the brand or fire rating
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

ok, not my post, but in the spirit of the OP's question: A complete 12kw system from Renvu using Solarworld panels, 2x SMA SB 6.0 inverters, racking, wiring, labels, and planning package can be purchase for $14K. That's right around $1.16/watt.

His question is valid - how to find someone to install this, that doesn't need to make a boat payment off the end user. The labor charge on this system at $3.25/w installed is over $25,000.

On a typical install, this can't be more than 72 man hours (3 guys, 3 x 8 hour days) which is a whopping $347/hour. I am aware of the overhead costs running a business and the need to provide guarantees, pay for permits, etc, but installed prices are still crazy vs how far material prices have come down.

Comment

If not explicitly stated in the listing that the panels are UL listed I think it would be a mistake to purchase this product. Grid tie residential systems have to be done with UL listed modules. Besides when your shipment arrives damaged, broken, incomplete or just plain wrong what do you do then?
        2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Howdy, all the advise above is good.

You might want to search www.solarreviews.com many installers are not interested in installing a system where they dont supply all parts, and I get that. However they may be able to point you in the direction of a local electrician who is qualified and does that type of job. Good luck and as mentioned above dont buy any ebay junk.

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone! I haven't pulled the trigger as far as the purchase that is why this thread is extremely useful to me ")

Comment

In the Los Angeles area there are many renowned solar panel installers.One can get in touch with Pacific Sky Solar,Green Conception,AWS solar,LA Solar group,Sunshine Builders etc. You can get in touch with one of them, get the quotes and later decide if you wish to hire them.

Comment

Working...
              X