Help With my building permit! Need done asap, today if possible.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjaffaware
    • Dec 2016

Help With my building permit! Need done asap, today if possible.

Hi I need big help with my Solar Panel Building Permit. I submitted a 3rd grade drawing and of course got denied. I don't understand some of the stuff what he is asking for, but I have the Building Permit guys comments what he is looking for. If someone can draw me up what I need I can pay up to 200 dollars to their paypal account. I am not an saavy with this stuff, but going to install the panels myself and have an electrician hook it all up. Just need help with the Building permit.

If you are able to help please reply and lets get this worked out. I have pictures of my main breaker, and the Hot Tub electrical outlet I want to turn into the subpanel and the comments from my rejected Building permit of what they are looking for. I have the size dimensions of the one roof space where I want to install the panels and the numbers of panels and the micro-inverters. And what roof mounting system I am using.

Just looking for someone to take all these inputs and produce the building permit stuff for me.

Thanks,
    Matt

• John Galt 1
    • Dec 2016

Matt, While I'm not the person to be drawing of a design for you but I can tell you that anybody who may want to help you is going to need to know if your county goes by NEC 2011 or 2014 regulations..

Comment

• mjaffaware
      • Dec 2016

NEC 2014, Know any good software that can help me draw up my design if I don't find anyone?

Comment

• Sunking
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by mjaffaware
        NEC 2014, Know any good software that can help me draw up my design if I don't find anyone?
        None exist, you have to hire someone, and that someone will have to be licensed, and will require a visit. Not going to happen in a day or two.

Frankly if you need help with drawings and understanding code, you have no biz doing this yourself. It will end up taking a lot longer and more expensive than hiring someone to do it right.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

• foo1bar
          Solar Fanatic
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by mjaffaware

I used powerpoint for one drawing and Visio for another.

Comment

• SunEagle
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

You really need at least some electrical hands on experience along with a basic understanding of the NEC for your area to install a solar PV system. If you are currently having problems with the drawings or permitting submital

I would suggest you contact a local electrical Contractor to help you but be aware that there may be additional local safety codes that must be met even after the permit has been approved. Those approvals will come from the AHJ and your POCO representative.

If you do not understand what I have just posted then a DIY solar system is even farther beyond your abilities and may cause you or someone else harm if something is done incorrectly. Please contact someone and stay safe.

Comment

• Sunking
              Solar Fanatic
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by foo1bar
              I used powerpoint for one drawing and Visio for another.
              Visio works for the drawings, but worthless doing any design calcs and material list. I assume he is lookingg for design software and not a drawing program. Wait til he sees what Visio Cost if he wants electrical included. Visio use to be a good product until Microsoft bought it and quadrupled the price, and down graded templates.
              MSEE, PE

Comment

• dennis461
                • Nov 2015

First, where do you live????

Next, perhaps the 'subpanel' scared him, I took a quick look at 2014 version and I did not see a subpanel being allowed or dis-allowed.
                My permit had Third grade quality drawings and was approved.
                The code is difficult to read, so my permit was approved with two 'mistakes' which I was aware of before submitting.
                Shoot me a PM with as much info you'd like to share.

Dennis (P.E.)
                Camden County, NJ, USA
                19 SW268 panels
                SE5000 inverter
                grid tied
                Dennis
                SE5000 18 each SW185

Comment

Working...