Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking advice. Subjected to fraud by solar company (Omneco Solar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking advice. Subjected to fraud by solar company (Omneco Solar)

Was able to resolve this conflict.
    Last edited by JC San Diego; 08-29-2016, 10:12 PM.

did you pay any $, or did they walk before you paid ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

did they have a city business lic ?
      Small claims court, I think the CA limit is 4 or 5 K, but if they don't show, it's a default judgment you can take to their bank that cashed the check, if they have any $ in the account.
      Are they still doing business anywhere ?
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

So they installed the panels but no wiring or inverters? Are the panels as specified in the contract? Poor workmanship?

Comment

Microinverters? So is it not connected to your electric panel? They didn't complete city inspection? No interconnect agreement? What do you know for sure? What did they say was left to do?

Comment

Originally posted by JC San Diego
            I need to make sure that the microinverters are up on the roof, a connection to the electrical panel is there. They did not complete city inspection, and no interconnect agreement. They were telling me for couple of months that they are waiting for the city to inspect, and that the poway area (in San Diego) usually takes a longer time than others. Once the city inspection is done usually within a week i should be all set. In late June however, I received a letter from SDG&E, informing that their original Net Energy Metering (NEM) program cap has been met and the original NEM tariff cannot be accepted and my application has been therefore cancelled. We were requested to apply under the new NEM successor tariff with our contractor to resubmit your interconnection application. It was at this point that Omneco abandoned the work and could not be reached anymore. I also noticed that the architectural design that they provided me does not exactly match with the work done (the direction that the panels are installed was different from what was in the drawing). The sales guy(Wilfrido Ruiz) told me that he does not work with the Omneco Solar anymore and he is also unhappy that his company betrayed several of his customers! Apparently, the same guy told me that he owns a part of the company at the time when i signed the contract. He is the fraud #1 and he has already gone hiding.
            CSLB is investigating the case now but I want to find out what I can do to complete the project. Thank you for your time. I appreciate all the help.
            This is a real PITA, and, seriously, I feel badly for you. I'd respectfully suggest now is not the time to act rashly. Before I went any further - safety first. I'd contact a serious electrical contractor familiar with solar and pay them to see if, first off, what was done is safe, have documentation for their inspection and findings, and do what's necessary to ensure safety. You'll probably need such information anyway if you choose to pursue remedies through the legal system.

Then, I'd consider seeking legal advice and get an informed opinion about the possible remedies as well as any (legal) consequences of any actions you may feel like taking.

After that, and depending on what legal counsel may have to offer, I'd consider contacting reputable solar contractors - maybe the same one as above - and seeking opinions about what can be done, somewhat separate from what has already happened. I'd expect to pay for such advice, and while certainly not speaking for contractors, the real pros with integrity, while certainly in business to turn a profit, have some (if only self) interest in seeing that crappy work from the rip off assholes masquerading as contractors is corrected, if for no more reasons than industry reputation, if not safety. Maybe you can, at that time, cut a deal for remedial/corrective work.

Good luck.

Comment

Gee, what a surprise.... The name Omneco doesn't even show up on SolarReviews.com. We keep saying to customers to do this simple check to avoid the scammers.
              BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Well you should probably find out if there is a permit on file and schedule the inspection. Then resubmit the net metering application yourself or ask what to do since your contractor went out of business. If the permit drawings don't match the installation you may want to consult another contractor to revise the drawings and amend the permit. Maybe you can find a friendly contractor to take pity and not charge much. It sounds pretty unfortunate but at least you have the equipment.

Comment

Thank you folks. Will keep you posted on progress.
                  Being sort of local to you, I'd appreciate it.

Thanx,

J.P.M.

Comment

Thanks JPM.
                    I signed up with Omneco Solar to support a local startup company. So much for the Idealism!
                    Given my experience with Omneco Solar and a scammer like Wilfrido Ruiz I feel it is wise to go with an established company.
                    You're welcome. Understood. To re-stress, If it was me, I'd get what's on the roof checked out by a quality electrical contractor as a safety measure per my prior post.

Comment

Working...
                    X