How to run wiring between arrays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to run wiring between arrays

So I got a killer deal on some 305W modules and optimizers this week, so we'll be doing a 6kW install on my parents house sometime in the next month or so.
    The house is a Garrison style with a single story living room and garage off the East side of the house. I measured everything out, and can fit 15 modules on the main house roof, and the last 5 on the garage roof.
    I need at least 8 modules per string for the inverter to work, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to wire the 2 arrays together. The attached pic shows my proposed wiring using leapfrog wiring. The top row and 2 single modules would make up string 1, then the remaining 5 and the 5 from array 2 would make up string 2.
    Is my best option just to run the conduit down the wall and across the roof to array 2? There's no attic space above the 1st floor living room, because of the vaulted ceilings.
    We are in snow country too, so I would try to keep the conduit run close to the peak to prevent snow and ice damage.
    Attached Files
Working...
X