X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hartwa
    • Jul 2016

sell voltage setting

Hi... hoping someone can help.

I have a gs8048a inverter with a mate 3 and 2 Midnite classic 150 charge controllers. It is a 8.4 kilowatt grid tie with battery backup system.

I went with the classic 150 charge controllers because I had read that they were far superior than the Outback FM80. I did not know that the Midnite would not communicate with the mate 3 or the Outback inverter.

I see my charge controllers are taking in about 18 to 26 kwh each per day...36 to 52khw total.. Yet the meters from the electric company say that I am only averaging 36kwh per day. Upon realizing this I thought that maybe I had my sell voltage set too high.... I dropped it down to 49 from 51 and by the end of the day my batteries were down to 72% charge... prior to this they had never dropped below 99. I put the sell voltage back up to 50.5 and the batteries are now charging.

The voltages that I have set in the classic 154 float equalize and absorb are based on the batteries recommendations. As long as the sell voltage is between the float and the refloat settings in the inverter I thought I would be fine....not discharge my batteries.... any recommendation where they should be set? I want to get as much back to the grid as possible... if my sell voltage is too high and my charge controllers read the batteries as fully charged where does the power go? Do I need to correlate or sync the voltages my charge controllers are reading with what the inverter is reading?

Thane in advance for any help....
Working...