• Muteti
    • Jul 2016

the pump is resting aat 76 meters.

Comment

• ButchDeal
      Solar Fanatic
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Muteti
      I have a 3.5 HP borehole pump currently running on a 10KVA genset. I want to install solar panels to run it for 7 hrs during the day. How many 250 watt solar panels, inveters, etc do i need? Please someone give me the break down and possible costs in USD.

you probably need your own thread instead of taking over on on permits.
      10kva is roughly 9kw. I would assume the pump is not using all the power from the genset. 3.5hp is roughly 2.6kw so your answer is someplace between 3kw and 9kw.
      you would need some batteries as well and an inverter capable of the power needs for the pump.

OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Muteti
        I have a 3.5 HP borehole pump currently running on a 10KVA genset. I want to install solar panels to run it for 7 hrs during the day. How many 250 watt solar panels, inveters, etc do i need? Please someone give me the break down and possible costs in USD.
        Depending on what that 3.5hp actually consumes you are talking ~ 21kWh to run it daily. Depending on where you live and how much insolation sun hours you get I would think you will need at least 7000 watts of solar panels (28 x 250watt = 7000 watts) and a battery system rated 48volt and 1500Ah, 2 x 80Amp MPPT charge controllers and a 7kw 48volt inverter.

That will cost you a lot of money which could be used to purchasing fuel for that 10kva genset.

Comment

• spoolnaround
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by cebury
          If you don't mind, where in central CA are you?
          Fresno

Comment

• foo1bar
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by thejumpingsheep
            Any chance you know of a site that shows a fully submitted and approved plan? I would love to see one or two for reference sake. Google only shows me a few sites that have john Doe examples, but I am not sure how accurate they are and if they are complete.
            Here's one city's example permit / requirements -
            at http://santaclaraca.gov/government/d...and-outs-forms
            click on "Residential Solar Photovoltaic System Guidelines"

Your city may have similar - And they may be willing to show you an approved permit (or tell you what else is needed if you bring the above example or your own system done to the same level)

Comment

• cebury
              Solar Fanatic
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by spoolnaround

Fresno
              In Fresno also. But I live on a county island in central on Bullard. The county inspector, Jack King is a very nice and helpful but is usually swamped as he does county islands and outlying communities.

Comment

• spoolnaround
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by cebury

In Fresno also. But I live on a county island in central on Bullard. The county inspector, Jack King is a very nice and helpful but is usually swamped as he does county islands and outlying communities.
                County is very easy. My brother did a package similar to what he did but the city inspector ( I'm not actually in Fresno but a small city in the county) wasn't so accepting. He was very nice about it and helpful but I don't want to be that guy who has to keep coming back and bugging him. I work a lot of hours so I decided I would just pay someone to do that part, lol yea not so easy so far. I am in the middle of doing my drawings and such as I type. I have found some really good info since I started this thread. I am on staycation for the next two weeks so the plan is to be done by the time I go back to work.

Comment

Working...