Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eugenek
    • Apr 2016

APS microinverters & Ironridge rails

Has anyone ever attempted to install this combination?

I'm in process of hanging a bunch of APS YC500A microinverters onto an Ironridge ground mount array (XR1000 rails) and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. The issue is that the microinverter has a pair of mounting holes at one end, which can in principle mate with bolts from the inverter mounting kit (29-50TB-005). However, these bolts only fit the top groove in the rail (same as the one where end clamps and mid-clamps go). I can assemble it like that but the microinverter ends up hanging horizontally, parallel to the panels, with one end screwed to the rail and the other in the air. And it's pretty heavy so there's considerable strain on the bolts. What's worse, because of the shape of cutouts in the microinverter mounting plate, it is very easy to knock loose (just push it perpendicular to the rail and it slides off the bolts).
    From pictures in google, I get a strong impression that microinverters are supposed to be hung vertically, with bolt holes on top (that way they would be much more stable), but I don't see any way to hang them like that.
    The only other alternative APS proposes is to hang inverters directly onto panels, but this can't be done because my panels don't have holes with appropriate spacing (and it also would not solve the problem since they would still be hanging horizontally.)
  • ButchDeal
    Solar Fanatic
    • Apr 2014

They should be horizontal not vertical
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Working...