Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Over-voltage error trip in Inverter

Hi Guys,

Recently I have installed a 75kWp Solar System on one of the roofs. I used fronius Inverters (20kW x 2; 12.5kW x 1). All AC outputs of these inverters are combined in a separate solar LT AC Combiner Box (LT Panel/ ACCB). From here a single 4 core cable is drawn and connected to Clients LT Panel (Injection Point).

The problem here is, recently my 12.5kW intverter is tripping with Error "102" - AC Voltage too high. But other inverters are working normal. My question is, if all three inverters are connected on a same bus bar in Solar ACCB, why only one inverter records over-voltage and other function normal?

I am planning to look at the inverters output voltage range of all inverters, to check whether 12.5kW has narrow range set compared to other inverters. Say, all inverters have same range. what would be my next step to troubleshoot this issue?

PS: Error is occurring randomly and inverter goes to normal operation after some time.
    Last edited by Pavan_Challa; 04-30-2016, 09:08 AM.

check that the lugs are torqued to spec
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• ncs55
      ncs55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Check the neutrals as well. Have you called Fronius? I have 3 of the 10k units in one install and had a similar random problem. The tech walked me through a few steps to tweak a few settings that were not mentioned in the manual and it has been working great every since.

Originally posted by Pavan_Challa View Post
    Hi Guys,

Recently I have installed a 75kWp Solar System on one of the roofs. I used fronius Inverters (20kW x 2; 12.5kW x 1). All AC outputs of these inverters are combined in a separate solar LT AC Combiner Box (LT Panel/ ACCB). From here a single 4 core cable is drawn and connected to Clients LT Panel (Injection Point).

The problem here is, recently my 12.5kW intverter is tripping with Error "102" - AC Voltage too high. But other inverters are working normal. My question is, if all three inverters are connected on a same bus bar in Solar ACCB, why only one inverter records over-voltage and other function normal?

I am planning to look at the inverters output voltage range of all inverters, to check whether 12.5kW has narrow range set compared to other inverters. Say, all inverters have same range. what would be my next step to troubleshoot this issue?

PS: Error is occurring randomly and inverter goes to normal operation after some time.
    The Fronius inverters here had a default high AC trip point of 264V line to line, and 132V line to neutral. Your generation will
    tend to push line voltage up. If you are running near your trip points, any bobble could push you over. If you can't get the
    voltage down, perhaps the inverters can be set a little higher. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...
    X