3 Year Anniversary on system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Year Anniversary on system

Today is my 3 yr anniversary on my solar that I installed back in 2013. I went with a modestly sized system being only 8.84KW DC, 7.6KW AC rooftop mounts and have produced to date 38.8 MW hrs. Was using approximately 16 MW annually. Should break even later this year. Usage offset is around 80%, so still paying SDGE some money 3 - 4 months a year. I did the install myself and it ran me a little over 19k. Minus a little over 7k in Fed credits and State rebate for a little over 12k out of pocket. Saved $3500 first year, $3800 the second, and $2750 the third (a lot of cloudy days). Absolutly no problems whatsoever except the wireless router for the Enphase reporting would go offline occasionally. After I got a new one no problems. 34 - 260w Suniva panels and 215 Enphase micros. Only thing I do is wash them occasionally, pretty sweet. Thanks for listening.

Thanks for singing.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Seems like you pretty much hit the sweet spot on offset.

After 3 years and knowing what you know now, is there anything you would have done different or not at all if doing it from scratch ?

Thanx for the info.

Comment

Nope if it's not broke... don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by MGE View Post
          Nope if it's not broke... don't fix it.
          Works for me. Thanx.

Comment

Working...
          X