pls help little solar wiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pls help little solar wiring.

Hi guys.. good day.. first of all im new here.. i like this forum alot.. btw im from ph.. i have some question for my connection.. i didnt find here in the forum.. mybe its newbie question..

I have 2 100w panel
    3pcs 12v battery
    60a pwm controller
    600w invter..

My old connection is 12v use 12volts inverter..

My question is about 24v panel charges to 12v battery. my 2 panel 12v connect in series to make 24v, its ok to charge my 3 12v battery conect in parallel? Using controller.

Sory for newbie question guys..

Good bless

Thanks you very much..

If you have nominal 12V panels, you should connect them in parallel through your PWM CC to get as much current as you can into the battery. A nominal 12V panel will have a voltage under load of about 18V and an open circuit voltage above 20. Putting two such panels in series will be wasting power and might actually be damaging your CC.

If the output of each panel, either open circuit or under the maximum power load, is 12V, then one panel does not have enough voltage to charge a 12V battery. You need at least 15V for that, and depending on the design of the CC you may need at least 18V. So you will have to put the two panels in series. But the resulting 24V will be wasting a lot of the available power from the panels as it goes through the PWM CC. With the panels in series you will be much better off using an MPPT CC.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Thanks you for the reply..

Maybe i need to add panel so that i well charge past.. cuz for my set up its slow charging.. can you teach me or show me how to make it past charging my 3 battery with my set up.. do you have some circuit diagram i can use sir? Thanks

Comment

Last edited by zed; 03-27-2016, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Maybe that my only option to add 1 more battery to make it 24v system.. yes sir my controller kay use to 24v..

Btw i have notice my bettery and i dont know the problem..

What is the problem if the battery is like wen you charge to slow to charge.. that other wel fast charge.. i test it use the battery 1 by 1 then i notice the 1 battery have slow charging and the other was fast.. maybe my battery damage but which 1 is damge sir? Thanks alot

Comment

Originally posted by sten View Post
            Maybe that my only option to add 1 more battery to make it 24v system.. yes sir my controller kay use to 24v..

Btw i have notice my bettery and i dont know the problem..

What is the problem if the battery is like wen you charge to slow to charge.. that other wel fast charge.. i test it use the battery 1 by 1 then i notice the 1 battery have slow charging and the other was fast.. maybe my battery damage but which 1 is damge sir? Thanks alot
            When a battery is slow to charge (does not accept current as well as it should) it is probably the result of high internal resistance. That can be caused by sulfation or loss of active material from the plates, leaving less surface for reaction.
            But if you mean that at the same current one battery reaches the nominal Float voltage much before the other does, it is a sign that the fast charging battery does not have as much capacity as it should. Again, this could be the result of sulfation from chronic undercharge, loss of electrolyte exposing the plates, or a number of other mechanisms.
            Your first diagnostic step is to figure out which of the two batteries is unusual.
            SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Thanks for the reply sir inetdog.. sory for the newbie question im new with this one in term of battery..

Sir which is damge battery the slow charging or the one have fast charging?

I check all battery the solutiob is in normal level.. no plates are expose.. is there a way to return to normal for both battery or for only the damge one?

Thanks alot..

Comment

Thanks for the reply sir inetdog.. sory for the newbie question im new with this one in term of battery..

Sir which is damge battery the slow charging or the one have fast charging?

I check all battery the solutiob is in normal level.. no plates are expose.. is there a way to return to normal for both battery or for only the damge one?

Thanks alot..
                A hydrometer is the best way to test the condition of a "wet type" battery, they only cost around 4 to 8 dollars, a volt meter will give you a ballpark idea but you have to let the battery sit overnight to get a accurate reading (unhooked, no activity charge or discharge). Batteries do much better and last much longer wired in series, so if you are using 6v or 12v batteries you will need an even number for that (2 or 4, etc), to come up with 12 or 24v total, wiring your panels in series will probably not help with the controller you have now, the better (mppt) controllers will allow you to charge 12v battery from higher voltage panels (don't buy a cheap one).
                Last edited by LETitROLL; 03-26-2016, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LETitROLL View Post
                  A hydrometer is the best way to test the condition of a "wet type" battery, they only cost around 4 to 8 dollars, a volt meter will give you a ballpark idea but you have to let the battery sit overnight to get a accurate reading (unhooked, no activity charge or discharge). Batteries do much better and last much longer wired in series, so if you are using 6v or 12v batteries you will need an even number for that (2 or 4, etc), to come up with 12 or 24v total, wiring your panels in series will probably not help with the controller you have now, the better (mppt) controllers will allow you to charge 12v battery from higher voltage panels (don't buy a cheap one).
                  Thanks you sir ROLL.. i well buy hydrometer..

Sir have you any idea to put capacitor paraller to the supply of you inverter? My friend he put a capacitor so that the voltage well stable..

Sir can you sent me some diagram og 12v set up? I wat to check if same as i did..

Comment

Thanks you sir ROLL.. i well buy hydrometer..

Sir have you any idea to put capacitor paraller to the supply of you inverter? My friend he put a capacitor so that the voltage well stable..

Sir can you sent me some diagram og 12v set up? I wat to check if same as i did..
                    In a properly designed system there is no need for a capacitor, you only have a 600w inverter, so either your batteries are bad, or too small, a capacitor will not fix that. Here are some links to explain some of the basic designs.
                    http://www.wikihow.com/Set-Up-a-Smal...ower-Generator
                    and the sticky notes here are very good as well
                    https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...considerations
                    The size of a systems components (panels, batteries, inverters) need to be matched to certain ratios to work together properly, otherwise whatever the weakest link is will show up soon and cause loss of system to produce power.

Comment

Working...
                    X