Bird barriers on mission concrete tiles roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird barriers on mission concrete tiles roof

Hey guys what did you use for bird pest control? Pigeons are having a wonderful time nesting under my panels.

There are a number of devices that can chase birds away. I have used mothballs and a large plastic owl to get rid of them around my house. Sound emitting devices or chemicals can also be used.

My experience is that not one single device works but rather a couple of different ones to keep them pesky birds from coming back.

Comment

Bird-X Combo of UV resistant netting, spikes, sticky caulk It will take several months for the birds to give up and move on.
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

I didn't know birds were a problem. I had an installer say the panels get so hot that birds don't like being around the panels. That sounded reasonable to me, so I stopped worrying about how to keep birds away. Is that not true and most solar installations need to design a way to ward away birds?

Comment

Most solar distributors now carry array skirting systems consisting of 1/2" hardware cloth in 4" wide rolls and some kind of clip for attaching it to the perimeter frame of your array. Might have to sculpt it along the top and bottom sides if you have S-tile. Once you exclude the critters from under the array, they won't stay.
          BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

I think you must call a pest control expert for your problem.

Comment

You can find a number of bird pest control near by you in your area by looking for it online.

Comment

Working...
              X