Need help quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help quick

Installer is over today, asked if I want the inverter installed inside or outside. Finished basement right next to main box, or outside eastern wall (no shade, other than neighbors house during early hours).

Located in NJ

I'm concerned about noise and or warranty issues.

It's a SE10000 Inverter.
    Last edited by icebox; 03-02-2016, 10:37 AM.

I recommend inside. It is expensive electronic equipment and should last longer the nicer you treat it. The only downside is it complicates the inspection process as the building inspector is going to want to see it and can be a problem if no one is typically home. I also recommend locating it in a spot that is convenient so that you can check it easily once a day when you come home for example. SE inverters run very quiet.
    BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

They gave me an extended SE warranty. So it'll be covered for 20 years, but when I was searching people were saying sunlight would void the warranty. I read SE's warranty page, and no mention of sunlight damage not being covered.

Comment

If you did have it mounted outside, and it is not on the north side of the house or in the shade, build a quick and easy shade roof for it to help keep it out of direct sun. It will last longer, and possibly output more power if it is not over heated and have to derate.
        Solar Queen
        altE Store

Comment

Working...
        X