X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Aromas !

Hi there, newbie here !

I have 4x100 watts, 4x105ah batteries, 40A Renogy Rover charger on a barn that switches 4 terabytes of data per month on a local wide area community network.
    I'm here hoping to to learn something about charging batteries, and specifically how to optimize bank charging.
    I'm a SW developer by trade an found Renogy's bluetooth and PC experience to be lacking, so I came up with my own. Next on my list is selective bank charging. Anyway, hello from Aromas California !
    Attached Files

This thing is a raspberry pi zero, connected to a WaveShare 7.5" e-paper display. It collects data through the standard modbus protocol that Renogy's Rover supports. Every 10 mins it collects data and updates the epaper display. It also provides that data to a website, which shows more historical data (7 day rolling, 48 hour rolling and a daily snapshot taken at midnight every night.) I also have a panel in my house, which one day, I hope will be wife approved to be mounted on a wall providing me with solar data and data from unrelated systems I also have running.
    Attached Files

Comment

Awaiting spousal approval ... it's helping to display other messages periodically.
      Attached Files

Comment

Are your panels wired in parallel? The incoming voltage shows 17.10 volts. That would be about right for a single panel, or parallel panels. With an MPPT controller you want to wire your 4 panels in series.
        2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Working...
        X