X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, great to be here

Hey everyone, my name's Bruce. I'm in Northern Ontario.

I've been dabbling in solar for a good year now. My father and uncle have a small family farm, and they have wired up their sheds, shops, maple sugar shacks, etc to have basic lighting, and in one case have a TV. They are basic (100W coleman panels from Canadian Tire, nothing fancy, and old batteries from farm equipment)

They also have their cottage wired with a 100W panel, and have several DC lights from an RV to offer a few hours of light after dusk and a USB plug...

Well when I purchased a neighbouring cottage, I worked with what they knew, and what I could learn, and read... I'll save the tech details for a question I'll be posting in another thread, as I'm clearly here with some questions. My requirements are simple, and my work is safe, but definitely not up to any code.

But I've acquired a small arsenal of DC shutoffs, Fuse blocks, wire, crump terminators, and love to hook up basic stuff, and do the math, and try to learn more... it's loads of fun for me, and I'm looking to grid tie one of my properties this year. I'm planning to upgrade some stuff on my cottage, and I'm not sure which way to go with it, which is why I'm ultimately here...

Cheers.

Bruce

Hi Bruce, welcome to Solar Panel Talk, start with reading all the sticky posts in the off grid section, that should open your eyes a bit, cheers.

Comment

Working...
    X