X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallo from Mexico

Hi,

... from San Luis Potosi Mexico situated nearly at the geographic center of Mexico with lots of Sunshine pero year and so 3 weeks ago I got my Solar Panels installed on the roof of my house.

As I have an Astronomical Observatory installed at my house that was the main reason to take advantage of generating electricity with Solar Panels and keep my bill low.

I have 14 panels each with 275W capacity which at 100% would generate 3850 Wh.

So far the system has produced since start on January 25th 2019, around 300kW getting an average per day of 16.7 kW. The best day generated 20.5 kW. We have had a few cloudy days.

Since the state owned power company installed my bidirectional meter I have delivered to the grid 162 kW and taken 190 kW. According to this I would only pay as off today 28 kW.

Looking at the performance it could be that I generate more then I need but in Mexico they do not pay you what you deliver into the grip.

Regards Rainer

IMG_4133_C1_AF3.jpg

Originally posted by OR14
    Since the state owned power company installed my bidirectional meter I have delivered to the grid
    162 kW and taken 190 kW. According to this I would only pay as off today 28 kW.
    Your meter reads KWHours (KWH), not KW, same applies for any time period. Bruce Roe

Comment

Originally posted by bcroe View Post

Your meter reads KWHours (KWH), not KW, same applies for any time period. Bruce Roe
      Hi Bruce,

Thank You and I just made myself more wise and read the difference between kW and kWh

Rainer

Comment

Nice installation. Is the grid pretty stable where you are? If not, can your panels provide power when the grid is down?
        Last edited by Ampster; 02-14-2019, 08:27 AM.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Good looking install. One thing I would mention is with the shallow pitch of your panels you might want to check them periodically for dirt buildup at the low end of the panel. Not sure about your rain situation but if you have regular, nightly, condensation on the panels it can cause a buildup of dirt which can harden and calcify as it evaporates every day. If not cleaned regularly it can become difficult to get off and will affect your output
          2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by Ampster View Post
            Nice installation. Is the grid pretty stable where you are? If not, can your panels provide power when the grid is down?
            Hi Ampster,

No, when the grid is down my panels have to shut down due toi security reasons.

Rainer

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
              Good looking install. One thing I would mention is with the shallow pitch of your panels you might want to check them periodically for dirt buildup at the low end of the panel. Not sure about your rain situation but if you have regular, nightly, condensation on the panels it can cause a buildup of dirt which can harden and calcify as it evaporates every day. If not cleaned regularly it can become difficult to get off and will affect your output
              Hi littleharbor,

Thank you. Will check them regularly.

Rainer

Comment

Working...
              X