• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNW_Steve
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2014

Hello and a sponsor question?

Hello Everyone,

I neglected to introduce myself when I first signed up.

I am located in Washington State and am in the process of converting a school bus to a full time RV. I have spent countless hours pouring over the stickies and new topics in an attempt to educate myself in order to achieve a successful design and installation of a solar system on my bus.

I come from a chaotic background. Started college for EE then switched to Computer Science. Then took a semester off to work and build up my tuition fund. Wound up as an engineering tech. Wanderered over into the Telecom field after Judge Green blew up the Bell's. Life took a turn and suddenly I was an apprentice electrician. Passed the Journeyman Electrician exam and promptly took an IT management job.... Nothing solar related but a reasonable technical background.

Jack of all trades, master of none.......

I wanted to say THANK YOU to all of the members for sharing knowledge and thanks to the sponsors for making this great resource available. I would ask, do the sponsors have an online store? If so, I would prefer to start shopping with them.

Thanks again Everyone.

S.
    Last edited by PNW_Steve; 11-11-2018, 12:53 PM.
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

Welcome.
    but is there a question there ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• solar pete
      Administrator
      • May 2014

Howdy Steve, our sponsors run www.solarreviews.com and solar-estimate.org and every now and then someone actually clicks on one of the links like "how to get a quote" and we sometimes are able to sell that lead to an installer, so its all good the solarreviews people keep the lights on, cheers

Comment

• PNW_Steve
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by solar pete
        Howdy Steve, our sponsors run www.solarreviews.com and solar-estimate.org and every now and then someone actually clicks on one of the links like "how to get a quote" and we sometimes are able to sell that lead to an installer, so its all good the solarreviews people keep the lights on, cheers
        Thanks Pete.

I looked at the links that you mentioned and was expecting to find a storefront where I could purchase bits and pieces. When I didn't find it, I thought that I may be missing something.

Thanks again.

S.

Comment

Working...