X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Arizona

Thanks for adding me. I'm an avid hiker, camper, outdoorsy type interested mostly in small solar chargers for various photography equipment, and hopefully one day for an RV, and or remote cabin in the woods. I look forward to learning, and hopefully contributing to the forum. Glad to be here.

Hello Hikerwa and welcome to Solar Panel Talk

Comment

Welcome from Dave in Gilbert!

The jump from recharging personal electronics to an RV solar system to an off-grid cabin in the woods can be substantial at each stage. Read and ask many questions first or you will waste money. The very first step at each stage is knowing your load requirements and them designing to them.
      Dave W. Gilbert AZ
      6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Originally posted by azdave View Post
        Welcome from Dave in Gilbert!

The jump from recharging personal electronics to an RV solar system to an off-grid cabin in the woods can be substantial at each stage. Read and ask many questions first or you will waste money. The very first step at each stage is knowing your load requirements and them designing to them.
        And before that, define your goals for each project and then educate yourself as to alternate energy's capabilities (and inherent limitations) to meet some part(s) of those goals. Solar can be fun, educational and useful, but usually can't live up to all the implied hype often and usually associated with it. It can do a lot but seldom all, and sometimes none. It will also probably be marginally cost effective and then only with knowledge of what's available, a realistic outlook, and careful planning and execution.

Welcome to the neighborhood and the forum of few(er) illusions.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
          X