X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi from Maine

Hi everyone.

I have a summer place in code-free rural Maine, where I
    Last edited by oldbenzguy; 07-28-2018, 05:52 PM. Reason: edited: I left out 90% of my post. Hit enter too soon!

Welcome
    Contrary to popular belief you are not code free, there may not be inspectors but if you put in non code installation and someone gets hurt or property is damaged you are liable.

Comment

Hello oldbenzguy and welcome to Solar Panel Talk

As peakbagger stated there is probably no where in the US that is "code-free", just not policed by any AHJ. The big problem is if you build something not to code or not with the proper permits and it ends up hurting someone, then you become the liable party that will suffer the consequences of not doing it right.

Comment

I'm having a hard time figuring ot how to create a topic. Maybe it's one of the 'you have a new account' things.

Comment

Originally posted by JJWatMyself View Post
          I'm having a hard time figuring ot how to create a topic. Maybe it's one of the 'you have a new account' things.
          New members have to be vetted by the Admin before they can get to make their own threads. They can post but only in existing threads until they get approval.

Comment

Working...
          X