X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Hockessin Delaware

New to the forum looking for DIY information to maintain my solar system as my installer went bankrupt 1.5 years after installation and one year later my panel manufacturer went bankrupt. So my friend and I maintain both of our systems, mainly dealing with inverter failures.

12.5 KW system installed in 2010 with 66 Mage 190W Monocrystalline panels and mix of Enphase M190 and D380 inverters.

Might be a tough call, but after 17 yrs. in service, and depending on a lot of factors, including the economics, I might consider replacing the entire system(s), or at least the micros.. The M190's seem to not have had the best track record. How many have you replaced ?

Comment

System was installed late 2010 so almost 8 years in service. So far I have replaced 31 inverters, which Enphase provided, and lately I am getting the 4th gen versions which are much more reliable. I also had 1 panel replaced before Mage went bankrupt. This past year I replaced 2 panels as I had 2 Mage 190W panels that stopped working - for these I was able to get a good local deal on 2 170W 72 cell Chinese panels.

Comment

Originally posted by freebedj View Post
        System was installed late 2010 so almost 8 years in service. So far I have replaced 31 inverters, which Enphase provided, and lately I am getting the 4th gen versions which are much more reliable. I also had 1 panel replaced before Mage went bankrupt. This past year I replaced 2 panels as I had 2 Mage 190W panels that stopped working - for these I was able to get a good local deal on 2 170W 72 cell Chinese panels.
        My bad on the math. Got up too early this A.M. Apologies.

J.P.M.

Comment

Working...
        X