X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanadianEhh
    • Jun 2018

From the great white north!

Greetings fellow solar people.

Thanks for having an open forum for people like myself to discuss the advantages of solar.

I am currently interested is a small setup for my travel trailer, but if this works out well, will be adding a solar array to my home.

Any rv solar tips and tricks would be very welcome!
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

Welcome

> Any rv solar tips and tricks would be very welcome!

If you drive the RV daily or every other day, the engine's alternator will recharge more than a roof full of PV panels. It's another story if you are camping for a week or so, then a couple thousand $$ of PV gear will perform as well (on a sunny day) as a $10 can of gas and a portable generator. We are realists here, not green mafia. If you want to experiment with solar, see what it can do for you, build some sandwich boards and mount portable 200w panels on them, and recharge a cell phone, great, but don't expect to run the entertainment center all night, the ceiling fan, and cook 4 meals on the microwave with a small system..
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Mikenreurs
      • Jul 2018

Welcome aboard! Cheers!

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

One of the big advantages around here is that you're just as likely to read some experienced and technical based reality about some of the misconceptions of the advantages of solar as well as some of the possible advantages.

Some folks with rose colored glasses views of the world take the straight talk as an insult to their sensibilities and see it as rude communication.

Welcome to the forum of few(er) illusions, EHH ?!?!

Comment

Working...