Cost savings from switching to solar in NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost savings from switching to solar in NJ

I live in NJ and have had solar since February, which is proving to be both good for the environment and saving me $$ even in the first year.
    Last edited by sdold; 06-15-2018, 03:33 PM. Reason: Removed link

cyhm, welcome to Solarpaneltalk. Thanks for including a mention of solarreviews in your blog. The response you received earlier had more to do with the appearance of a drive-by posting to drum up business for your blog, which is why I've moved this to the introduction section. If that's not the case and you'd like to become a contributing member, please feel welcomed and join in, but expect a few challenges to the "saving the environment" claim.

Comment

Thanks, Steve! I'm trying to connect with NJ homeowners like myself who are considering solar. Who is the audience for this site? I would consider being a contributing member if it's a good fit for all involved. And yes, I am aware there is an environmental cost to manufacturing silicon solar panels. Even the perovskite solar panels, which I think will be commercially available in a few years have a lesser, but still tangible environmental cost. All material objects do. That has to be balanced against the considerable environmental cost of building a coal or natural gas plant and the ongoing costs of providing it with fuel.

To be honest, I think I passed through this site when I was researching solar and while some of the comments were interesting, it was a little light on details for my taste. That's why I created my blog. Perhaps I simply stumbled on the wrong site?

Comment

Let's hold off for a while on posting links to your blog.

Comment

Originally posted by sdold View Post
          Let's hold off for a while on posting links to your blog.
          So just how in the heck does a new member on his first post a LINK?
          MSEE, PE

Comment

He was either approved by the admin, or his first post was approved by a moderator. Sometimes if a first post appears legit (usually tacked onto an existing thread) I'll move it to its own thread, approve it, and post a welcome message. His subsequent posts would be hidden unless approved manually of he gets the final admin approval. Not sure what happened to this one, but his last post gave me pause, so I decided it would be better to remove the link and see how he shakes out.

Comment

Working...
            X