X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll be happy with the overpaneling whenever it's cloudy. My system currently runs flat out at 6 kW on a sunny day, but here in WA it's cloudy more often than not. I am planning to put another PV array out in front of the existing one but oriented almost flat to the ground, to collect scattered light from the cloud cover. The charge controllers will limit the current draw from the panels and thus the total max power will still be 6 kW, but I still expect a substantial increase in overall production. Not double, to be sure, but not insignificant, either.

Comment

Originally posted by quiet_rider View Post
      Those familiar with the 7600 - it would NOT make sense to replace a SE-10000 inverter with the EV-7600 while connected to a 12.2kW PV array, right? Not sure I understand the 7600 specs fully & getting a little clipping currently with 10K.
      The plan is to have electrician replace 200A main breaker+box with 200A combo mechanical interloc box, add subpanel + 30-40A breaker to charge PHEV at 240V on L6-30 outlet. Car needs 3.4kWh.
      I have three arrays hooked up to a SE 7600 and I clip pretty bad. The 7600 can't handle 12.2 kW, the maximum is 11.78. The only way I would recommend that is having a 50/50 split of East/West panels or heavy shading. If you want to switch over to a 7600 for the EV charger, you could get a smaller inverter like the 5000 and use two inverters. Running my car directly off of solar energy from my panels would be cool, but I think a regular level 2 charger is more than adequate. I will eventually get the EV charger for the SolarEdge Inverter, but not until I get a second EV. My mid-life crisis car is coming and the Jaguar iPace is what I want.

Comment

My size is 11.4 38 panels @ 300watts Heliene 60M-HBLK http://www.heliene.ca/products/detai...,10,20,581,618

Heliene says these can generate up to 280 peak watts; 280 * 38 = 10640

I've communicated with the installer and they obviously agree it's clipping too much. Monday they are coming to install the SE10000 inverter. Looking forward to see how much more we can generate. Here is my SolarEnergy dashboard https://monitoring.solaredge.com/sol...50/#/dashboard
        Last edited by troup1998; 04-23-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

we got the SE10000H installed but today was a really unusual rain all day April Florida day; tomorrow looks to be the same at least I'm not watering the yard. they keep raising water rates around here; may have to splurge on a well for the lawn and get off city water.

Comment

Working...
          X