No announcement yet.

Just signed contract for sunpower x22-360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks Great congrats . With 90 panels you have your own mini power company ,lol
    Last edited by Kingram; 05-30-2018, 06:37 PM.
    9.36 grid tied, Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Hi

I live in California and am a potential buyer of a 40KW system for my home in California and right now evaluating LG LG360Q1C-A5 with Enphase IQ7PLUS-72-2-US and SunPower X22-360 (DC) with Enphase IQ 7X. I have completely written off the SunPower AC version after learning that pewr panel monitoring in 15 minute time intervals isn't available for consumers. Does anyone have an idea why 3 installers have refused to quote SunPower AC with such data guaranteed in the contract? Without that information it is impossible to:
      1: Monitor and continuously improve the system by changes on I can make
      2; Request warranty return when panel fails
      3: etc.
      Any and all ideas appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Skaening View Post
        Hi

I live in California and am a potential buyer of a 40KW system for my home in California and right now evaluating LG LG360Q1C-A5 with Enphase IQ7PLUS-72-2-US and SunPower X22-360 (DC) with Enphase IQ 7X. I have completely written off the SunPower AC version after learning that pewr panel monitoring in 15 minute time intervals isn't available for consumers. Does anyone have an idea why 3 installers have refused to quote SunPower AC with such data guaranteed in the contract? Without that information it is impossible to:
        I would like to hear what continuous improvements you think you could make via panel monitoring?
        The panels are about the most reliable thing involved, and adding hardware to read out each one is
        going to add failure modes. Using a higher voltage string system is simpler, more reliable, more
        efficient, and cheaper if you have no constraints. I can detect failures in my string system, although
        there have been no panel problems in nearly 3 million panel hours. Bruce Roe

Comment

Originally posted by Skaening View Post
          Hi

Since you seem to be asking:

1.) Any changes you make in the system will void any warranty. Besides, if you don't know that, you're probably dangerous fooling with the system.
          2.) As Bruce notes, panels don't fail much. But, per #1 above, that won't matter much if you fool with the system and so won't get warranty claims honored if there is a failure of a panel or anything else, so you won't have to worry about system monitoring.
          3.) Etc.

Sounds to me like you're buying into something you know little about. 40 kW is kind of big. Is this a residential system ?

Comment

Continuous improvements envisioned:
            1: I have a number of aesthetically pleasing trees partially shading some of the panels. How those trees are pruned may affect how much sunlight hits the panels.
            2: I have two meters, one on time of use residential rate and one on small business commercial rate. My plan is to set up the panels in two separate but connected systems. The intent is to create the ability to switch the output from selected panels between systems.
            * Having analyzed a 94 month usage history of usage I found monthly lows & highs of 599 KWh, 1,699 KWh for one meter and 3,120 KWh, 6,240 KWh for the other meter. That might become economically advantageous when to switch the output from some select panels between the two systems.
            * The price per KWh has fluctuated wildly with the largest difference being a months where the average price was 15 cents/KWh on the small business meter vs. 35 cents on the commercial meter and the smallest difference was last month when a KWh on both the business and residential meter cost me 25 cents.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mike90250;n373412]

Hi, Mike & all. I'm new and came to this sub-forum to introduce myself, but I can't as I'm registered but not allowed to create posts yet. I get this message after clicking on registration email:
              "Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum."
              Is there a moderator who can authorize me to post? I'd love some help with making some decisions re: my Net Metering, utility company, and EV charging. Thanks.

Comment

[QUOTE=harlanpepper;n386106]
                Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post

Hi, Mike & all. I'm new and came to this sub-forum to introduce myself, but I can't as I'm registered but not allowed to create posts yet. I get this message after clicking on registration email:
                "Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum."
                Is there a moderator who can authorize me to post? I'd love some help with making some decisions re: my Net Metering, utility company, and EV charging. Thanks.
                Mods can't enable this, only the admins can. But they will come along and do it.
                Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Thank you for clarifying

Comment

Just took drone photo of my Sunpower 32.4KW system. It's the largest residential system in North Carolina.
                    DJI_0438.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rushclimber View Post
                      Just took drone photo of my Sunpower 32.4KW system. It's the largest residential system in North Carolina.
                      DJI_0438.jpg
                      That is a big system for just about any sized house. Although I use to live near one that had 150 panels that looked like 275w - 300w each. My estimate on the system was 40kw to 45kw but the house was 7000 sq ft with 2 pools.

Comment

Here is a link to pictures.https://sunpower.showpad.com/share/NgG9qXuBGt5qH9a1WlG6

Comment

Working...
                        X