X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 71Cuda
    • Nov 2017

Another from Puerto Rico

Hi. I
    Last edited by 71Cuda; 11-22-2017, 06:08 PM.
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Hello 71Cuda and welcome to Solar Panel Talk

It looks like you started to write something but got cut off.

Sometimes posts written by a cell phone or if they use certain characters will get cut off by the forum software because they are not recognized.

Comment

• 71Cuda
      • Nov 2017

Lets try this from the laptop
      Hi my name is Neil from Hatillo Puerto Rico
      We just got our small expandable system finished up on monday. We still don't have power in my area but it looks to be getting closer. Our system is 6 240watt panels with a 4k inverter and 8 1000cca 12 volt batteries wired to make a big 24v and a controller. We're still figuring out what we can run at night and what we can't.

Comment

• 71Cuda
        • Nov 2017

The electricity just came back on about half an hour ago.We live near a bunch of dairies and they got together and bought poles and my neighbor is a heavy equipment operator so he dug all the holes and stood the poles.

Comment

• SunEagle
          Super Moderator
          • Oct 2012

Again welcome

I am glad you have been able to utilize solar hardware to supplement your power needs. I hope the electric utility power stays on for you.

Please keep us informed of your situation and hopefully you and your family are safe.

Comment

• 71Cuda
            • Nov 2017

Thanks
            Our neighborhood was really lucky. One neighbor lost the cistern from his roof and we lost a few trees, but all our houses, cars and pets survived. We didn't have city water for a couple of weeks but my wife and I had lots of water prebottled to wash and flush the toilet, a rigged up a washing machine to clean clothes, we had a small generator to run a computer monitor hooked up to the dvr and a lamp. And I had a couple of deep cycles hooked up to a solar battery tender and a 1000 watt inverter to recharge phones and tablets and backup batteries. 3 of our neighbors have pools so we had lots of toilet flushing water if we needed and we had boxes of canned food, batteries and propane for the stove. I've actually been preparing for something like this for the last couple of years while my wife thought I was nuts, now she's on board with prepping. I'm semi retired so I ended up being neighborhood security when everyone else went back to work.

Comment

Working...