X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by SunEagle

I agree with what you posted. Maybe I am getting too old to tussle with the new comers to solar technology.

I do not possess the cost factor for solar every place in the world along with any restrictions their POCO's set concerning grid tie.

While I try to provide the best advice I do have to realize it is based on my knowledge of solar and work experience as an electrical engineer here in the US yet there are a lot of members and visitors that come to this forum from all over the world.

I just need to remind myself of their different perception and goals which may make my advice useless.
    Not sucking up, but I'd have a hard time seeing it as useless. Electrons flow through circuits the same way all over the world, and most panels and everything else for that matter is not made in the U.S., making stuff more plain vanilla and thus more standardization in design.

Besides, age and treachery will beat enthusiasm and youth every time. Proved that in my youth over/over. Also proved it's better to learn from the mistakes of others because, in spite of my best efforts, I won't live long enough to make them all by myself.

Comment

• jflorey2
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by adoublee
      They also say it will combine power of the grid feed and the solar for a higher charge rate than available from the grid circuit connecting it.
      Right. I asked him about that - why someone wouldn't just put in a larger breaker. He said that was doable, but some people didn't want to put in more than an X amp breaker (due to service capacity limitations I assume.)

Comment

Working...