X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user and system in Orange, CA

Recently got a 6.27kW DC system installed. SolarEdge inverter and P400 optimizers. 19x 330W Panasonic panels. Two strings, 11 panels at 165 degrees, 8 panels at 255 degrees with essentially no shading (one panel gets some shade from a chimney for about an hour in the morning I have discovered). SolarEdge data as well as meter data via my Rainforest Eagle are being aggregated on pvoutput. Self installed a Cat6 cable to get the highest resolution data possible from SolarEdge.

https://tinyurl.com/yclffo62

Engineer by trade, so a lot of analysis was done ahead of time to understand my consumption and where I could trim ahead of the installation, including changing out the pool pump with a variable speed and adding insulation. System is sized to cover my expected usage and then some which will allow me to make the house more comfortable in the summer (last summer we upped the temp in the house to save money, but ended up being miserable with the heat).

I've already gotten a lot of info from this site. Currently working with my installer to set me up as a sub-installer so I get the maximum access to the SolarEdge portal, but it is taking longer than I'd like. I actually sent them a link to the thread on this site with the exact information they need to make it happen

Originally posted by jasonvr View Post
    I've already gotten a lot of info from this site. Currently working with my installer to set me up as a sub-installer so I get the maximum access to the SolarEdge portal, but it is taking longer than I'd like. I actually sent them a link to the thread on this site with the exact information they need to make it happen
    Glad you are here! The whole installer/sub-installer thing in the Solaredge portal changed quite a bit over the past couple years. At this point, I think you need to to create an installer account, then your installer needs to add you as an eligible associated account, and then your installer needs to associate that account with the system of interest.

I think the necessary screens are below... the first is from the "my account" selection available when clicking on the user name in the upper right. The second comes from the admin options for the particular site.

associated.JPG

sub-installer.JPG
    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Originally posted by sensij View Post

Glad you are here! The whole installer/sub-installer thing in the Solaredge portal changed quite a bit over the past couple years. At this point, I think you need to to create an installer account, then your installer needs to add you as an eligible associated account, and then your installer needs to associate that account with the system of interest.

I think the necessary screens are below... the first is from the "my account" selection available when clicking on the user name in the upper right. The second comes from the admin options for the particular site.

associated.JPG

sub-installer.JPG
      Thanks for the info. I just created my installer account, but of course I can't associate my Inverter with the account because it is tied to the regular user account my installer already created (it was worth a shot). I'll keep chasing them to get this done

Of course, the fact that they are replacing my inverter (which will necessarily have a new serial number) might complicate things a bit

Comment

The inverter doesn't tie to an account, it ties to a site. The installers account is initially the only account that is associated with the site. The installer can then add the homeowner, or associate other accounts with the site. Homeowner type accounts are always limited to just the data and reports, and don't have admin access.

​​​​​​Now that you have an installer account, that email can be associated with the site. It is a two step process... First, the installer identifies you as an account he wants to associate with, and then he can associate you with your particular site.

Replacing the inverter can be done with administrator access to the site, a new site does not need to be created.
        CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the info. Time to keep pushing on them

Comment

Originally posted by lwsmiser
            I have a system similar to yours in Orange county, CA and have been operating since Sept 22, 2016. The main difference is that I am using 21 300 watt LG black panels. I am having trouble setting up live outputs. Can you help me? System name is Smiser Residence. https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=57897
            You'd be best off starting your own thread so others can help you (and not get buried in this thread). Put in the relevant details like inverter type, what you're trying to upload from if anything other than your inverter, etc

Comment

Working...
            X