X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Power 35 year contract

Ga Power sent me a letter to sign up for
    a long term contract to sell 100% of my solar output for a minimum of 15 years for 8.9 cents up to 35 years at 11.4 cents.
    I have 3 years left on my contact now that pays 4.2 cents. Lots of legal googly gook. Thoughts?

Originally posted by TJZJ View Post
    Ga Power sent me a letter to sign up for
    a long term contract to sell 100% of my solar output for a minimum of 15 years for 8.9 cents up to 35 years at 11.4 cents.
    I have 3 years left on my contact now that pays 4.2 cents. Lots of legal googly gook. Thoughts?
    What does your payment agreement - what you pay for what you buy from the POCO - look like at this time ? What is the cost of what you buy from the POCO likely to do in the next 15 or 35 years ? If your aggregate (average) current cost is high, and to the degree you think it will increase in the future, $0.089 to $0.114/kWh may be a deal. Does that $0.089 - $0.114/kWh have any escalation built into it ? At 3% annual increase in rates, $0.10/kWh cost would increase to ~ $0.281/kWh in 35 years. If the POCO buy cost doesn't have escalation, but what you pay does have escalation, it may not be a good idea to lock in. On the other hand, do you have another choice besides selling them your power ? Do you also have a net metering deal or is this it ?

Comment

My total cost from the POCO at this moment is 13.4 cents Kwh used. Including 6 separate fixed fees. Historically, GA Power gets increase of 2-3 percent every 3 years. There is no escalation clause in my side of the deal.
      Payment from POCO is at aforementioned rates. I have no options available to me to sell my power ANYWHERE but GA. Power as of today. This fine state has no net metering deal in place.
      I'm fact, there is HB 479 that is proposed to take the requirements that GA. Power
      will no longer have to go in front of the Georgia Public Service Commission every 3 years for ANY rate approval! The Southern Co has run roughshod over all its customers! Look at the Nuclear Plant
      fiasco in this state. All compliments of
      GA Power! Thanks for your reply! Our solar rating is an F!

Comment

Originally posted by TJZJ View Post
        My total cost from the POCO at this moment is 13.4 cents Kwh used. Including 6 separate fixed fees. Historically, GA Power gets increase of 2-3 percent every 3 years. There is no escalation clause in my side of the deal.
        Payment from POCO is at aforementioned rates. I have no options available to me to sell my power ANYWHERE but GA. Power as of today. This fine state has no net metering deal in place.
        I'm fact, there is HB 479 that is proposed to take the requirements that GA. Power
        will no longer have to go in front of the Georgia Public Service Commission every 3 years for ANY rate approval! The Southern Co has run roughshod over all its customers! Look at the Nuclear Plant
        fiasco in this state. All compliments of
        GA Power! Thanks for your reply! Our solar rating is an F!
        You're welcome. So, use less power and pay less.

Comment

I'm in the same situation as TJZJ, but I'm also wondering what effect this new contract will have on the Nights and Weekends plan that I was on last summer.

Comment

Working...
          X