X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Bangalore, India

Greetings from Bangalore, India! Just joined the forum (obviously). I have been playing with a 1.6kW installation at my home for the last year or so, had some pretty frustrating experiences with inverters as well as some interesting gotchas (including one on the evergreen question - to pwm or to mppt?). Look forward to helping and being helped on this forum.
    Cheers - Ram
    6 SunWorld 270W Mono, 4 Exide 200AH, Phocos 3kVA.

Hello Ram, and welcome to Solar Panel Talk!
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Hello RRam, I searched myself into this forum because I am looking for solar power installation in Bengaluru/Bangalore as well. Would be glad to learn from your experiences regarding going about with my setup. I am getting some quotes as high as 6lkh for 3KW hybrid system with a Studer 2.6 KW inverter, which I feel is too high. Thanks
      Last edited by makhanaka; 03-14-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Hi makhanaka , my grid-feed installation in Bangalore has a Studer 2.6 KW, Variotrack VT-65, 8x 270W mono Solar World panels made in Germany, and 4x200AH batteries from Exide. The batteries are overrated because they were initially meant for an off-grid system. For this grid-feed setup 4x100AH would suffice. Your quote does seem a bit high so you need to break down the costs carefully and see what the different elements cost.
        Last edited by solar pete; 03-15-2017, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RRam View Post
          Hi makhanaka , my grid-feed ...
          Thank you much for response!!

I can forward the quote if you share email (too big to attach). The requirement was, having solar to provide primary supply and also charge the batteries for backup. Net metering is also costed. While this is a complete setup for my initial requirements, I was not planning for that big of expense.

Lot of misc costing is from wiring and fuse box and bunch of other stuff. This surprised me that there were soo many items listed on the quote.

Do you recommend any other vendor who has competitive pricing?

Comment

Appears that I cannot post my contact info here - my phone number was deleted by the moderator. I also do not seem to have permission to send you a PM so I am requesting the moderator to give me that permission. Thanks!

Comment

because spammers used the PM channel to spam on this board, it was turned off.

For your security - we discourage posting of your email and phone number post your email and use -AT- instead of @ and the spammers may bypass harvesting it, After you 2 have exchanged addresses - I'd advise you to delete the obscured email anyway.

This is for personal information exchange, not cheap business advertising.
              Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
              || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
              || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
              gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by RRam View Post
                Appears that I cannot post my contact info here - my phone number was deleted by the moderator. I also do not seem to have permission to send you a PM so I am requesting the moderator to give me that permission. Thanks!
                I will share mine following Mike90250 advice . makhanaka at Gmail. If you can send a test email , I will respond to that.

Thanks

Comment

Done...have sent you a test email. Thanks - Ramkumar

Comment

Working...
                  X