No announcement yet.

Solar Water pumping design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually if you use the right kind of DC motor you do not need a converter.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

But the question remains where does he propose to get the DC from at any voltage if he doesnt want to use batteries ?

Comment

Originally posted by john p View Post
        But the question remains where does he propose to get the DC from at any voltage if he doesnt want to use batteries ?
        Fairy dust and unicorn horn ?
        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Mike you just mabe be right, I have no better answer anyway,, .. mabe or resident electrical engineer Sunking has a answer we have not thought of.??

Comment

Originally posted by john p View Post
            well your dc to dc converter will be converting from whatever you are powering it from?? To 24v dc nominal .. Some dc to dc converters give very accurate outputs some dont. In your case if it varies betwen 22 and 26 it will not effect a pump motor.
            I still dont see how you are not going to be using batteries on the input side of the dc to dc converter, ?????where you going to get the higher? Dc input voltage from for the converter if not from batteries??/
            i want to boost the voltage obtained from the panels using dc-dc converter and i want to run a 3-phase induction motor centrifugal pump.

I just want to know, the amount of voltage that can be boosted by a dc-dc converter.?

Comment

There is no limit to the voltage a DC to DC converter can do ie 6000 to 6 or 6 to 6000
              You cant run a DC to DC converter directly off the solar panels. One reason the voltage would never be constant enough.You have to use batteries and a solar battery charger. there is no other way.
              Finding a DC to DC converter that can do 3 phase is going to be tricky to say the least.
              In the requirements it states you are to use a nominal 24v motor, Why you not just using that as asked?

Comment

Working...
              X